Treadmill help??

Options
Hi.

I had a new treadmill yesterday (not brand new but new to me) I have just done a 30 min workout at a pace of between 5.7 and 6.8kmph. I,ve covered a distance of 2.5km in total, however it is only saying i have burnt 64 calories. Is this right??? I question it because on my old treadmill i would do the same speed for 20 mins cover 2km and burn 150+ calories? Could my counter be broken? Feel bit disheartened that i burnt so few on this one but put it so much more effort. Can anyone advise me roughly how many calories they think this type of exercise should burn.

Thanks
Laura xx

Replies

• doowa
    doowa Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That can't be right. Go to http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php
    Enter in your information and it should give you the correct number.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Depends upon your weight though, but still it seems its broken as it can't be that low for 30 mins and at that pace.You can use the app from MFP.Its more or less accurate.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    Yeah, that is for sure wrong. I know that if I walk on treadmill for 30 mins I burn about 200 cals. I don't walk overly fast either.
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Ive checked a few sites to verify my treadmill and they all seem roughly the same.
    for me at 220 4mph (6.5ish kmh) for an hour around 700 cals 6mph(9.5ish kmh) for 30 minutes around 500 cals