What should i do for excercise?

Options
I'm just starting to get back into weight loss and excercise after a good 2 years 'out' with a dodgy back and pregnancy.

I used to do circuit training and high impact aerobics but I want a cheap and fun way to get back into it all (and hopefully burning about 300cals per session!) without damaging myself!!

How do people with kids and work fit in their excercise and how often (I.e. do you have rest days?)?

Thanks KT

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to get back into weight loss and excercise after a good 2 years 'out' with a dodgy back and pregnancy.

I used to do circuit training and high impact aerobics but I want a cheap and fun way to get back into it all (and hopefully burning about 300cals per session!) without damaging myself!!

How do people with kids and work fit in their excercise and how often (I.e. do you have rest days?)?

Thanks KT

swimming?

i aim for 3 x full body strength, and 1 x HIIT cardio, plus maybe a bit of walking per week.
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    I don't have children but maybe swimming would be a good idea? it's something your children could get involved with if you can't have someone to look after them etc :)
  • Kaathmandu
    Options
    What they said ^^ swimming! Best thing for dodgy backs - but don't do a lot of kicking with board on your front - it hyperextends and stresses your back ... if you want to kick, do it on your back and your body will be in much better alignment.
    And ... put the kids in pram/on bikes and go walking. Great balance with swimming - it gives you weightbearing exercise you need to prevent osteoporosis, but with low impact - and fun time with kids!
    Good luck :smile: