need a few friends....

Options
i am a 28 year old with 4 kids and with the last baby i couldn't get the weight off...I have about 30 lbs to loose and i will feel comfortable w/ myself again....i am looking for a few friends on here for my motivation....i have noticed with the friends i have i dont really see them on here anymore and i have stopped logging in my food. i need someone ot root me on again....

it would be nice to see people with kids, likes to swap reciepe ideas and loves to eat....(which is my main struggle) and need the motivation as much as i do...

add me if you like....ttyl!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Nancy and I would be happy to cheer you on. I just started about a week ago.

I have a lot more to lose but it's the motivation that I need as well. I do not have kids but I have a husband (who looks like a hockey stick) and loves to eat. Most of my recipes involve a slow cooker but would love to exchange as well. Do you have a preference? Most of my meals involve veggies and chicken (can't eat red meat).

Add me as a friend as well. :drinker:
  • jaldrick
    jaldrick Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey add me if you like! I've lost 45 pounds in the last 18 months and have joined myfitnesspal to get the last 15 off. I have some good tips and recipes. Don't have kids myself, but I'm a nanny for a living so almost as good as!! I've found ways to incorporate healthy eating habits for me while feeding them what is nutritionally needed.

Hope to hear from you!
  • TeriB19
    TeriB19 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi Shannon,

I've found that logging is the BEST way to stay honest with myself and in doing so, it has helped me shed the pounds. It's taken me since last April to lose the weight that I have, and I still have at least 20 more to lose. Keep logging, exercise whenever you can and log that as well. I have two girls myself and I know that making time for yourself isn't always easy, but it'll be worth it in the end when you have the strength and energy to be there for them!

I cook a lot of chicken and pork, couscous, rice, veggies, etc and always like to keep fresh fruit in the house. My weakness is chocolate, and I've found that the Weight Watchers Giant Fudge Bars are very satisfying and not a lot of calories. My nighttime snack is either those or the Skinny Cow ice cream cups with some FF Cool Whip. I try to snack on Goldfish crackers, pretzel rods or the 100 Calorie packs when I'm at work, just to stave off the hungries.

Hope to see you around!! Good luck and KEEP LOGGING!!

Teri
  • kramsgirl
    kramsgirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How funny that I should find your post... I decided today that I too really need some motivation and encouragement to keep going. I've lost 25 pounds and would like to lose 5-10 more before I'm pregnant again (hopefully in the next month or two).
    Add me if you'd like!
  • RhondaCrombie
    Options
    Hi there!! Teri and I are good friends, and it is SO nice to have friends to support each other during this process. I, too, have two daughters, nearly 8 and 10. I am happy to cheer on everyone as we journey together through this new part of our lives.