A guy looking to start a new path

Options
I've been a member here for a while, but put off starting recording or using the tools this site provides. I started the process of training to build up to run a 5k with hopes of running regular 10ks and a possible marathon in the future. (I enjoy running and I have paths close to my house). So far I am jogging for 2 minutes, walking for 3 and repeat for 30-40 minutes. After I do this cycle I will walk until I have a total of 4-8 miles. I will ride my bicycle for a greater distance on these paths as well (10-25 miles), but not in conjunction with a walk/jog.

I am looking for others where we can share goals, help provide support and motivation, as well as celebrate milestones. I have a habit of starting things and then slowly trailing off until I just don't do them any more if I don't have someone else there to help keep me accountable.

I am planning on starting a weight routine after I get my cardio in better shape. I am also exploring different ideas in regards to nutrition........Smoothie lunch and breakfast (would be easy and could be carried out long term) and healthy dinner options.

My ultimate goal is to be healthy and avoid the issues such as high blood pressure and diabetes which tends to run in my family. My secondary goals are to loose 50-70 pounds (or greatly reduced BMI), eventually run a Marathon, and not be ashamed to work in the yard with my shirt off.

Replies

• tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 35, and currently getting myself in shape to do my first triathlon this year. I workout a lot, run, bike, swim, lift, etc. I log daily too.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    here for support, motivation and helping kick your butt if you ever need it ;)
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add.