Bowling

Can anyone help me with this. . . I bowled in a fundraiser yesterday for my grandson's baseball team. I am not sure how to log in the time spent. We bowled for two hours but not steadily as we had to take turns , we were on teams. I logged 2 hours but I am pretty sure I didn't burn over 500 calories!!

Replies

• Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    My wife and I go occasionally on Sunday mornings. I take the total amount of time bowled (normally about 75 minutes to bowl 3 games) and divide it by the number of bowlers..
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    My wife and I go occasionally on Sunday mornings. I take the total amount of time bowled (normally about 75 minutes to bowl 3 games) and divide it by the number of bowlers..

Yes this! My husband and I are on a couple's league. With 8 people and 3 games, it's about 3 hours, but I only log 30 minutes because that the amount of time I figure I'm actually bowling.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    I bowl league and the ocassional tournaments with my BF (he loves my high handicap lol).

I tried wearing my HRM once but considering you burn calories just sitting I didn't get much and I stopped logging it after a while. Mostly because I don't consider it much for exercise. I don't sweat and feel like I'm working out, nor do I lift the ball enough to consider it to be "strength" training. There are too many time gaps in it where you are sitting.

When I did count it, I only counted it for about 100 calories. Finally I just stopped logging it and figured it was an extra boost to what I was doing already. I don't count housecleaning either. The extra moves are just a bonus.
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Thanks, I have never counted housework or yardwork because it doesn't feel "intentional" but if I add my bowling at least I would have something to log for the weekend!! :blushing:

I chased a two year old grandchild for 24 hours - that should count for something too!!! For me, the getting up and down off the floor dozens of times should count for strength training - I was certainly tired enough after 24 hours to feel I got a workout in.