Hello! I'm Fat, and I get that!

Options
Hello to one and all. This is me, facing the world and admitting that I...am...fat....overweight...hefty...chunky and even "thick". However, I know that's not all that I am, and I get that! I'm smart, I'm funny, I'm motivated, and I'm aware of myself as a person and as a series of bad choices culminating in what I am. I am a sum of good and bad choices over 28 years (ok, really, we can probably skip the first four years, I mean, really), but just because my "sum" is what it is now, doesn't mean I can't change it for the better for the rest of my life. Here's the basics of me:

Name: Kara
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 182 (in 'le buff")
Body Shape: Avocado (I hadn't even known that was an option)
Health Grade: C- (I'm "average" in somethings, but not many, and in too many I'm below average)

What I'm doing to fix it:
I'm mentally chastising myself every time I make a horrific health choice for food (I chastise more than I should...aka I make worse choices than I should)

I'm going to the gym between 3-5 days / week, working out 45 minutes each night, alternating between Cardio/Cardio, Cardio/Upper Body and Cardio/Lower Body strength training. I've been attending the gym since December 07, 2012. Only the last month have I started stepping up how many times / week I go, it was 2-3 and is now 3-5, to me that is a silent win.

Anyways, that's me, just looking for some support from others who have done this or are in the same boat as me.

Replies

• gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have found a lot of great information and support here. I know you will also.

Good luck on your journey, and I look forward to seeing you on the boards.
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You have an amazing attitude!
    I seriously wish you all the luck in the world, but with that attitude I don't think you'll need luck, you'll do just great :)

Keep it up!
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I call those NSV or non scale victories, and they are just as or even more important than the digits on the scale.They signal those mental changes and commitments to a new life style. Congrats on the increased work out and your continued successes.
  • MichkaMeShell
    MichkaMeShell Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm started at a much heavier weight than you and continue to still be quite a bit larger all over. I'm 5'11" and currently 224, but started at 301.

So far, I like your attitude! I'd love to be around to help motivate :D
  • charbdixon
    Options
    With that attitude you are sure to do well! :flowerforyou:
  • Marthaamaya8
    Options
    Kara I have one word for you: CURVES!

I really reccommend their program is great, fun and very easy to do! Specially for us that are not used to doing exercise If you have a chance give it a try it really works!
  • Kaypix
    Kaypix Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've moved over from the 3fatchicks.com forums, where I really had some great friends, but as I'm no longer doing Ideal Protein I didn't want to stay on the board and possibly mislead the newbies there. My sister-in-law said myfitnesspal helped her lose and I'm taking a page from her book. I'd like to get down at at least 160 lbs, which is the top of my "ideal" range, but I'd really rather hit 145-150. I originally wanted to lose all this weight before June 2, my 10 year high school reunion, but I've decided I'd rather just be healthier (referring to heart/muscles) by then, and if weight follows, hooray! If not, I will still be able to make it to the party bus before everyone else.
  • TheBigFish711
    Options
    Good luck with your journey! Feel free to add me if you'd like!! =)
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude, sending a friend request! I am in the same boat, I've had to change my whole lifestyle but it's working and I'm happy. I know I have a long way to go, but that fact that I'm doing it trumps all the people who just talk about it. I look forward to this journey and I would love to watch your progress - good luck! Samantha
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    welcome and feel free to add me, and i'm sure you will do great here!