am i allowed to do slimming world?

Options
ok, so set this account up yesturday full of enthusiam .. little surprised i was only given 1400 cals a day when put in my weight and height as im 16st so have big amt to lose .. and by 4 oc when had about 280 cals left to play with and my blood sugar was on the floor and still hadnt had anything for dinner decided calorie counting is just not going to work for me

just wondered if i could do slimming world and record my food here, or is this website purely for calorie counting? if so, this has been a short stay as just cant do calorie counting unless anyone has any tips xx

Replies

• 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    ok, so set this account up yesturday full of enthusiam .. little surprised i was only given 1400 cals a day when put in my weight and height and by 4 oc when had about 280 cals, blood sugar was on the floor and still hadnt had anything for dinner decided calorie counting is just not going to work for me

just wondered if i could do slimming world and record my food here, or is this website purely for calorie counting? if so, this has been a short stay as just cant do calorie counting unless anyone has any tips xx

A few on here do it....look in groups too...
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    MFP generally underestimates what you should get. And it expects you to eat back any exercise calories. Make sure you set your activity level correctly as well! You probably aren't "sedentary" which a lot of people chose by default.

You are "allowed" to do whatever, since this is a free site!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    ok, so set this account up yesturday full of enthusiam .. little surprised i was only given 1400 cals a day when put in my weight and height as im 16st so have big amt to lose .. and by 4 oc when had about 280 cals left to play with and my blood sugar was on the floor and still hadnt had anything for dinner decided calorie counting is just not going to work for me

You were only given 1400 cals because you presumably selected the '2lbs a week' weight loss option. If you can't do 1400 cals, then select 1.5 or 1 pound a week. It would probably be better for your body anyway.

You can do whatever diet you want. Just use MFP to log the foods. Count the calories, don't count the calories, exclude carbs, load up on protein, however you want to do it. The only thing you aren't allowed to do is push unhealthy eating practices on the message boards.
  • lespez
    lespez Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do it and record my sin value in the food notes at the bottom so that helps too. :happy:
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I would assume by the cals it gave you that you put in sedentary and you want to lose 2lbs per week. Like the poster said above you are supposed to eat any calories burned from exercise. You can also change to only a 1/2 lb or lb a week and you will be given more cals. You can also go find an online TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) calculator online and figure out how many calories your body is burning a day to maintain and then subtract 15-20% from that in order to lose weight. Like the one here:

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

You can solely use this site as a food diary and tailor it to fit your needs. You are able to change anything in your settings to do that.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    It's a free site, do what you want.

Know, however, that MFP has a flawed way of figuring out your cals. Google "scoobys calculator" and enter in your info. Eat at -20% of your TDEE (it will list that amt) and you'll happily be eating more cals