Breast Cancer Survivor

Options
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself. I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. I had endured 3 surgeries and chemo during the last year. During that time I gained 16 pounds. I managed to shed 6 pounds since January. The weight seemed to come off very well January - Feb(about 1/2 pound to a pound a week)but stopped dropping in March. I am hoping I can find some support here to lose these last 10 pounds by June.

Lowering my body fat is essential to lowering the chance of cancer recurrence so I need tons of help shedding these extra pounds.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same boat, except that I gained 23 during 11 1/2 months of treatment (2 surgeries, 18 rounds of chemo, radiation....you know the awful drill).

Let's be friends!
  • yasminv1
    yasminv1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am sad that this terrible disease gives us something in common. I am however super happy to have a new friend that understands where I am coming from and has also kicked cancer's butt!!

Have you been put on a low fat diet? I am supposed to stay under 30 grams of fat a day. So far it has been no issue but it seems as though I am eating more carbs than I use to, they are mainly sugar from fruits. I manage to stay close to my mpf daily carb goal though.