Binge eating and bipolar-sick of this.

Options
2»

Replies

• coswoofster
    coswoofster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! Great idea. Usually, a person doesn't really WANT as much as they actually consume. Restricting how much of something you eat by putting it in a small bowl (not carrying or dipping into the box), or forcing yourself to eat something healthy and drink a glass of water FIRST, reduces the amount of junk eaten. If you eat empty calories by saying, I will eat this 440 calorie Blizzard as my dinner and then not eat any healthy food, you will invariably feel starved as your body is looking for the nutrients you need. Essentially, you are starving your body of good nutrients, feel like crap, and then go looking for more food. This is why, with programs like myfitnesspal.com, you have to look at more than just calories in/calories out. You need the calorie deficit to lose weight, but you need GOOD calories to feel satisfied.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I live with depression and am on the bipolar spectrum. Medication and counselling have got me through real crisis times but i'm in a really good place right now and find that exercise is an amazing mood booster. Also keeping a balanced diet is super important because getting the right amounts of carbs and protein helps to stabilise your moods. Good luck to everyone, its a tough road when you are affected by mental health issues, but there is a beautiful world waiting for you on the other side x