how do chat to people

Options
Hi just started fitness pal, does it really work, I have 1200 calories, can I eat anything as long as it doesnt go over that ??

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can eat anything you want. But you will find, that with 1200 calories, you will want to eat more fruits/veggies, whole grains and protein to make you feel less hungry. 1200 calories is not a lot, especially when you start looking at labels and measure/weigh the foods you eat. Also, keep in mind that you can eat back calories you burn during exercise, if you want.

The first step is to start tracking everything you eat and all the exercise you get. You will find what will work best for you and for your body.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    how much do you have to lose? I would really recommend not setting it to "2lb per week" unless you have a ton of weight to drop. Set it at either .5 lb or 1lb, it'll give you a more realistic and long term calorie goal.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    When I signed up MFP had me at 1200 calories. I had my settings at sedentary and 2lb/week. I've since learned that you're really not sedentary unless you're bed ridden, and 2lb/week isn't an attainable goal for me b/c I was SO hungry on such a large deficit.