I am too tired to exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• aamtodd
    aamtodd Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Even the phrase "every morning I wake up early" makes me shudder! Maybe that is just the wrong time of day for you (I am absolutely NOT a morning person), or maybe you just need to split your exercise regime and do less, twice a day. Anyway, I do think it gets better - as you exercise more regularly you will gradually feel better in yourself, more energetic etc. But I agree with many of the other that perhaps you have cut your calorie intake too much.
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. Get enough sleep. And make sure you're hydrated. Good luck.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I find eating an hour or two before my workout (and eating a lot, in fact most days I only need to eat one huge meal) gives me all the energy I need.

Of course that would mean you need to rearrange your workout schedule or you'll be eating at three in the morning!
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    In addition to the wonderful advice of making sure you are eating enough, eating healthy, drinking lots of water, getting enough rest, MAYBE you need to start with a more modest goal to set yourself up for success. Instead of an hour a day everyday maybe a 1/2 hour a day 4 days a week and an hour 1 or 2 times a week. Also, many people suggest giving your body a rest day once a week, which makes sense to me, but I have no studies or anything to back that up.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    If your intake before was 2000, that would mean now you are eating 1000 calories a day, and exercising what, 500 of those away?

It sounds like your net calories per day (after you've subtracted exercising from what you ate) is very low. Do the math or post some numbers for others to do it, that will probably help you see why you're tired. :)