How long do people stay on MFP?

Options

Replies

• mathera26
    mathera26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    it's a lot like hotel california.

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

I'm on my 3rd SN.

LOL!!! Thats exactly how I feel about it!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I think it's like Facebook...it'll just keep growing and growing...there's no way for MFP to fail. We need it too much. :)

Monica
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have logged in every day and logged everything for over a year now. It is a way of life. Even when I meet my goal weight I will be on here daily to log my food and exercise to stay on track.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for 5 years and love it. Yes, way of life. I might go months without using it, but i'm always back! It keeps me accountable.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Came for the weightloss, stayed for the amazing people.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    thing is most people, I tell them about my working out or how I eat..
    And they look at me "you are fine are you nuts, you don't need to lose weight' or "who really needs to go to the gym like that"

And here, people get it. I think THAT is why people stay.

My fiance doesn't get why I think it would be awesome to be able to deadlift HIM. Nobody understands why I still WANT to lift with a bad back, or why I want to be able to run a marathon.
    On here, I don't need to explain it.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I will keep logging until I am no longer able to. It will be a way of life for me for the rest of my life!
    Hopefully, I will be at my goal weight sometime this year.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I have been here about 6 months. I hit my goal weight recently, but now am working on body composition (macros and working out), plus am using the food log as a migraine diary.

On weekends I don't log or just do huge guesses for quick adds, to see how I do at maintenance on my own.

I think I will always find a use for the site... Tracking exercise, tracking food allergies. Tracking macros.being supportive to others. And I have made some good friends.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Does anying know on average how long people stay on it for?

I'd say the average is pretty low. More people quit/deactivate than stay. The ones that do stay tend to be more successful in reaching their goals though.
  • MJH2
    MJH2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    it's a lot like hotel california.

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

I'm on my 3rd SN.

LOL!!! Thats exactly how I feel about it!

Absolutely!!!!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Joined October 2011. Hit my goal weight... lightened up on tracking and gained some back. I will be here as long as the program continues!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    857 consecutive days in a row. Started September of 2010. Don't ever see a need to stop.i've made great friends here, several of them have crossed over into real life. My friends keep me coming here everyday.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    A lot of the people on my friend list have been here for over a year. They are the type of people who reached their goal weight and then set new goals for themselves in some athletic facet. They made lifestyle changes and friends here and found it's not just a tool to lose weight.
  • ddiaz062908
    Options
    way of life for me personally. I decided to make a change in December of 2011 and haven't stopped with mfp since. Its been about a year and ive lost 60 ibs total..I am 1 pound away from my goal but I will always be a member because it helps you maintain and take responsibility for what you eat and do, it is so easy to forget how many calories are in a meal without this app, and every calorie adds up ! everyone is different in their needs however.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Been almost a solid year. I've had a couple weeks here and there where I didnt log, but I keep coming back.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I only have a few pounds to go but I don't plan on leaving. I love the supportive friends who are going through what I'm going through. My family and real life friends are very supportive of my weight loss, but none of them are going through weight loss/maintenance. The MFP support has been SO crucial in my success so far, and I don't want it to stop!
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I loved your response (Hotel California).
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    forever.
    +10
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    For as long as it takes.

This^^^

I have been here almost 3 years. I still struggle when I don't log. I've learned a lot, but I am still learning. I'm going to be here as long as it takes to make everything second nature. Where I can eyeball serving sizes. Where I know how many calories are in things without having to look them up. When I can, by second nature, correctly estimate my calories throughout the day without actually having to LOOK at them in a diary.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I've been here two years, going on three.
    I feel like I'm going to be doing this for a long time.
    I won't really know until I hit the goal weight & see where my logging takes me.

I do know a few people who have successfully completed their goals (maybe after a year or so) & I haven't seen them online at all.
    I think I expect myself to still log in,
    even if just a few times a week instead of everyday.