Mayo --- Yayo, or Nayo?

Options

Replies

• meliafairy
    meliafairy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    For most sandwiches Mayo (Hellman's regular only please) is a requirement for me. I do use a smaller amount than I used to however.

If a recipe requires mayo, I often use a substitute such as greek yogurt to cut out some of the calories/fats.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    yayo! But it has to be Duke's....

Interesting..... I just went to the website to see who carries this in my state and they list 4 stores, of which I am familiar with 3 of them.... all 3 are considered "low end, old, and non fancy" stores. Yet, I see that Duke's has been around since 1917 according to their web page... I wonder why they haven't broken into the mainstream markets?
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation! So... YES!
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Can I be the only person who absolutely detests mayo? If that were the only food, I'd probably just starve to death. I can't stand to look at it, touch it, smell it...and its not going anywhere near my food. It gives me cold chills and makes me all gaggy just thinking about it.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I use mayo for deviled eggs.. that's about it.. but hellmans real mayo.. none of that light fake fat free stuff (fat free fat? HUH?)

I've replaced it in just about everything else with avocado or greek yogurt.... tastes so much better.. just deviled eggs are not the same without mayo (and spicy mustard! YUM!!)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    BLECH. *gags*
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    HATE mayo. The smell and texture make me gag.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Isn't yayo slang for cocaine? I'll take neither thank you.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I love mayo, but it has to be Duke's. It's one of the few brands that doesn't have sugar in some which-way, shape or form as an ingredient.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I love kewpie japanese mayo - but have just discovered using greek yoghurt as a condiment instead with things like fish, curries etc...
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Hellman's Lighter than light mayonaise is delicious. Its only 10 calories and for me taste better than the full-fat versions.

I dread to think what that stuff is made of!
  • threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I like the way it tastes but somehow the 'idea' of mayo really turns me off. I much prefer mustard.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hellman's Lighter than light mayonaise is delicious. Its only 10 calories and for me taste better than the full-fat versions.

I dread to think what that stuff is made of!

I don't know, but I know the stuff is gross, if you ask me.
  • peckish_pomegranate
    Options
    Nayo! Why don't I just spread it directly on my thighs?! Anyway, I don't like the moisture.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YES! OF COURSE!
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I prefer miracle whip. We only have mayo in the fridge for specific recipes, and even then it's a light version with olive oil.
  • jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yayo for me but I only use it sparingly in my tuna or on a sandwhich. I use the type made with olive oil which is much, much lower in calories for only 1 TBSP.
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    yayo for mayo!!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I like mayo... prefer Miracle Whip though. Even though i like it, i won't get it on anything at like jimmy johns or any restraurant. I have NO IDEA how much they are putting on there, so i will stick with my spicy mustard instead.
  • james3302
    Options
    Can I be the only person who absolutely detests mayo? If that were the only food, I'd probably just starve to death. I can't stand to look at it, touch it, smell it...and its not going anywhere near my food. It gives me cold chills and makes me all gaggy just thinking about it.

I'm the same way. Of course I am also that way about mustard and salad dressing too.