Hen Party HELP!

Hi guys, I'm going to a hen party this weekend and there are a whole range of activities planned that involve eating and, of course, BOOZE!

I have four full days until then, and I've been really good today... But I don't know what to do - shall I under eat and exercise all week in advance of the weekend? Shall I just do normal 1200 cal and exercise, and try my best not to over-indulge? (So hard...and gives me the name of most boring hen)

I've lost five pounds, I'd like to lose at least the same again in the next four weeks before I go on holiday, so this is a really big blip!

Replies

• I usually under eat and exercise in advance. Trying to "bank" calories, you know? I don't know if it's right or wrong, but it seems to work for me.
  • Jackie80taylor
    Jackie80taylor Posts: 76 Member
    if it were me i would be reallllllly good up till that weekend, then have fun, its one weekend, make the most of it. the following week be reallllly good again :-)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Whatever you do before, the most important thing is to get right back to healthy as soon as the party is over.

And don't step on the scale until you have been back into your routine for a week. Sudden dietary changes for the worse cause a lot of water retention, seeing bad numbers tends to make people desperate, few people make good decisions when desperate.
  • thinjim123
    thinjim123 Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks for the tips everyone... so true about water retention and I really don't want to get thrown off track so stepping on the scales come Monday migh really upset me! Going to try a run on Friday morning too in the hope it at least off sets the Friday evening a little :s