First steps are the hardest

I decided to starting getting back in shape and lose some weight about 6 weeks ago. It is really difficult for me because I used to be a runner and back then I would run everywhere, I would go out and do a 5 mile run at 11:00 at night if I couldn't sleep just for the fun of it.

So fast forward to the present and it has been very frustrating to get started again over the years, my brain and body remembers my old paces that I ran at but the body couldn't keep up so I would quit.

I started with just walking and the elliptical and it was hard to just do 20 - 30 minutes. I kept at it this time and now I am up to an hour on both machines. I am hoping that as I drop the weight I can actually start running again because I do miss it, but this time I am determined to keep it slow so I can stay with it.

So in 6 weeks from feeling dead on the treadmill after 30 minutes to an hour on it feeling good and at a faster pace than I started with. Progress!

Replies

• danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Definite progress! I always remind myself: You have to start somewhere! We can't just go from 0 to 100 overnight. You go from 0 to 1 to 2 and so on. Once you get awesome though, maybe you can go from 20 to 25 or something :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!