New to MFP

Options
Never posted a message/blog/chat ever so here goes... Living here in Alaska can put a toll on ones physical and mental well being especially during the 9 months of constant darkness. I have to admit it I love the winter months here and pretty much don't care for the summer months. Started working out about this time last year at a gym 5 sometimes 6 days a week. Spinning, Elipitical some minor strength on weight machines. The pounds have not come off since starting but I have noticed my clothes size have gone down by 3 sizes. I am now stuck and nothing is working and i am at a stand still. I decided to have my RMR taken and logged on to the site the gym trainer recommend which is MFP and to add it to my phone. WOW! i started to log all my meals on MFP and continue the exercise and change to more free weights instead of the machine and since three days ago have lost 3 lbs in all. Accountability, I have to be accountable that is my additional goal to get to my physical fitness goal. This site is awesome and I believe it will help me reach my goal and pull me out of this rut I seem to be in.

On another note, I want to eat everything in sight right now, I have a 16 year old that just left the house and said some hurtful things to me that I never thought he would ever say considering how close we were to each other. The stress...... the loneliness.... ughhhhh I want to eat, eat, eat and not anything good mind you. I am so thankful I have a part time job on the weekends that keep me busy with no food around for me to gorge myself on... just what I brought for breakfast and lunch. When I get home I usually take it out my frustrations on housekeeping, treadmill and the weights which I am not sure that is a good thing considering.... If you don't mind my posts I will continue to post on my progress on my weight and anything else I can think of.

Always....... a Sunshine :flowerforyou:

Replies

• highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. I thought the winter was tough here, but 9 months of darkness...wow! Great news that you've lost 3 lbs; may there be many more :o)