Getting discouraged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
UGGGHHHHH I have been at this diet thing this time around since 1/17/13 and I exercise every single night. I have lost 11 pounds but notice no difference at all!!!!! I was told today by a co worker that I am not supposed to be eating any of my exercise calories back, others have told me that it is ok to eat them back. I am starting to think that I havent lost more or seen any difference cause I am eating those exercise calories back. Long story short....I am once again getting discouraged and ready to just say F it!!!

Replies

• Jess6385
    Jess6385 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I have my calorie goal set to 1600 calories a day. I do eat most of my exercise calories back. I typically net anywhere from 1300-1600 calories a day. I have lost almost 50 lbs in a little over a year and can see a HUGE difference. I think you need to allow more than a month to see big changes.

Congrats on the 11lbs lost! Keep at it! - I had to and still do have to keep telling myself that change will come. It's a slow process, but worth it in the end.

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sharonmac
    Options
    Thanks Jess! I just feel like I have so far to go to get the body I wants and i'm busting my *kitten* but see no results. I will definitely add you. ;)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    11 pounds since January? That's phenomenal! You see my ticker, and that's since December.

Get a grip; you're doing great!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    11 pounds since January? That's phenomenal! You see my ticker, and that's since December.

Get a grip; you're doing great!

^^ This. 11 pounds is seeing a result.
  • Jess6385
    Jess6385 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a calorie free piece of chocolate for every time I felt that way!! ;)

It's normal to feel that way I think. It's how you deal with it that matters. I seriously just talk myself through the bad times and repeat to myself that if I keep doing what I'm doing change is going to happen! ... I woke up one day ... and it did! I am not completely happy with my body, but I'm so much healthier and stronger than I was a year ago.

I'm glad I didn't give up on the days I felt like change would never happend. You will be too!
  • sharonmac
    Options
    Thanks Ladies. Just feel like I should have a flatter tummy or something noticeable to show for all of this
  • crice67
    Options
    Hey don't be discourage you are doing GREAT. anytime you can lose the weight and keep it off. Some people bodies are different than others. So keep up the eating healty and excercise.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I didn't notice any difference in the mirror until I'd lost 20 pounds. Keep doing what you're doing and one day the difference will just hit you.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    You aren't necessarily going to lose the weight first from the area you want it to shift the most.
    I have found that the rest of my body started looking far better before my stomach did and even now I have a roll that I am struggling to shift. The stomach is one of the harder areas to work on and 11 pounds is from all over your body, not just one place.
    Keep at it.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    It's OK to feel discourage remember you get to do this the rest of you life until you die or you get to die from the comorbidities of an unhealthy life style. You get to choose congratulations!

Dont over think. Weigh only once a week. Measure you body and do that monthly. Drink water. Eat vegetables. Portion control. Move. Results will happen it doesnt happen over night. Sh_t is going to happen in your life too and if you are too strict you wont be able to bend and you'll put the 11 pounds pluss some back on.

Look at you scale. make sure its calibrated. make sure you do it at the same time. oops not everyday my preference is weekly. perferably weigh naked first thing in the morning.

Dont use weight as your only motivation either. Because all weighloss will stall and you will feel defeated. Use your health and the fact you will be able to move more with your children as your reward.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I didn't notice any difference in the mirror until I'd lost 20 pounds. Keep doing what you're doing and one day the difference will just hit you.

Oh and 65lbs later I'm still wearing the same pant size and dont see any difference! But I'm not letting that defeat me because in the end all that is important is your health.
  • EmJBarnes75
    Options
    11 pounds is great!!! Keep it up, I know it can get discouraging when we don't see results the way we thought it would look.... be proud of yourself... there will be weeks were there is not a lot of loss and other weeks where you will be thrilled, but don't give up!! Great job :) Keep up the good work!!
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've felt the same way so many times! I've been on this journey for over a year, seriously started working at it in June. Not until about 2 weeks ago did I start to see differences in myself. I keep reminding myself that I didn't put the weight on quickly, so I can't expect it to go away quickly. Keep at it, and the results will come! 11 pounds is an amazing accomplishment and you should be proud of your progress.
  • Patti1023
    Patti1023 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, you didn't gain weight over a short period of time, it won't come off quickly either. Don't give up, I agree with everyone that you're doing great at 11 lbs in such a short amount of time, that's great!!! Also prepare yourself that some weeks you might not have a loss at all, it happens but just stay the course and don't give up if/when that happens.

You can add me too if you want, I don't post a lot here but I've been logging daily and I'm "around" lol ;)
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I've lost 24 pounds and I SEE no difference in my body. I did have to buy new clothes after 16 pounds of weight loss though. But my body doesn't look any different. I FEEL different though.

If you need to see the change, try taking your measurements once a month. I did that, and I had a visual representation of how much I have lost. It is a journey, not a race. If the scale isn't moving, it does not mean you are not changing.

11 pounds is amazing! Tell whoever is telling you you should have lost more to shut up. You melted 11 pounds off your body, they can go pound sand.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have lost 11 lbs since Jan as well and really can't see much difference in my body either. I know, though, from previous experience, this does work. Why give up now? Btw.. I am from MA as well. I have lost 70 lbs before and know I can lose more. Do not give up! This is a journey and you are bound to shift off course a little or even plateau. Keep going. You will regret not continuing this six months-year from now. Think of where you will be then and how awesome you will feel/look. Friend me if you like. I am on every day.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Don't ever listen to your coworkers.:glasses:
  • I am in the same rut as you right now. I have lost about 10 pounds and to me that isnt enough to jusitfy all of the exercising that I am doing. However, I am determined not to give up, and I encourage you not to also! We can do this!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have been on a diet since January, 2012 and I have lost 23 pounds during the last year. I joined My Fitness Pal January, 2013, and I have lost just 6 pounds. The 23 pounds include these 6 pounds. My husband and I can tell a big difference in the way I look and feel. I wish I had some pictures to show you. I would like to lose at least 20 more pounds to be the "New Me". :smile:
  • sharonmac
    Options
    You guys are all so encouraging!!!! Thanks so much!!! :flowerforyou: