10 reasons squats are a terrible excercise

Options
My cousin posted this on facebook today, and I was very taken aback by it.

http://www.trainbetterfitness.com/10-reasons-squats-are-a-terrible-exercise/

It's very aggressive and oh so many steroids references. I know a ton of y'all squat, so what's your take on it?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You sarcasm meter, is broken?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I was trying to figure out how to say this. This.
  • hulkklogan
    hulkklogan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Dumb article is dumb
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    That's pretty funny.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The parody article is kind of amusing, but I had no idea that there were people who actually argue against squats. Almost every fitness class ever makes liberal use of them.
  • originalkazila
    Options
    Squats require you to place a loaded barbell on top of your spine! It’s practically in direct contact with the vertebra. This is just stupid. It would be different if there were some kind of muscle group there, maybe trapezoidal in shape, that could form a cushion between the bar and your delicate spinal structure but since that hasn’t yet been discovered this statement is 100% accurate.

I died at this part.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    The parody article is kind of amusing, but I had no idea that there were people who actually argue against squats. Almost every fitness class ever makes liberal use of them.

And the next day, I always have a strong argument against them!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    Anyone got the pic of the Godzilla facepalm?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Squats require you to place a loaded barbell on top of your spine! It’s practically in direct contact with the vertebra. This is just stupid. It would be different if there were some kind of muscle group there, maybe trapezoidal in shape, that could form a cushion between the bar and your delicate spinal structure but since that hasn’t yet been discovered this statement is 100% accurate.

I died at this part.

IF ONLY we had a big triangular shaped muscle group there. IF ONLY. Ohhhh the humanity.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • lady_jessi
    lady_jessi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh man, are y'all serious?! I'm so naive. Sorry, y'all. Carry on with your lives now. XP

I'm not trolling I am just dumb. I'm a newbie lifter, and don't know all the technical names for muscles and that.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    1. They make you look awesome and people are mean to you because they're so jealous of your booty.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options

And the next day, I always have a strong argument against them!

Well played! :drinker:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    There's a reason my booty is twice as big and better than yours...
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    He lost me when he said squats were a terrible exercise "choose" instead of choice.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    My jimmies remain unrustled
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    b983o9.png
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

trolling trolling trolling . . .
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    If my math is correct, and according to my PhD. in Mathology from the correspondence college of Nigeria it is, the following formula illustrates my point perfectly:

L2*Sq=(R3/3I)531

I won’t bore you by actually explaining what any of that means in terms that any normal person could actually understand...

Lol!