My progress : April 2012 to Today

Options
I was feeling pretty amazing about myself this weekend... so I decided to take a few progress photos. :smile:

A year ago, if you would've asked me if I would ever post pictures of myself in a sports bra... I would've laughed... then I might have cried. It simply was not an option. I would have vehemently refused.

But honestly, I think I look alright now and I feel good enough about myself to share these.

Before (April 2012) : This photo was taken four months into my weight-loss journey. It took me that long to get the nerve to actually have my picture taken again. I would estimate my weight was around 160 lbs... but I don't remember exactly. So, in reality, I was already about 30 lbs down by this time:
temporary_zpsa1619697.jpg

After (taken last Saturday) : And now I'm hoovering around 145 lbs. Only five more to go:
Photoon2-16-13at1257PM6_zpscd17e095.jpg

Before (April 2012): Side view!
temporary_zpsf10bcf4b.jpg

After (last Saturday):
Photoon2-16-13at1248PM5_zpsd038175b.jpg

It seems like so much more than 15 lbs! But really, that's the difference between these pictures.

* I apologize if the size of these images is out of control... I'm not sure how to change it. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You look so hot and so happy! Congrats!
  • jenniemarie91
    jenniemarie91 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great job, looking good!!!!!! I hope to one day post some progress pics. :smile:
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You look really great! Congrats on your transformation.
  • stehmari
    stehmari Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look amazing! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Great work! Thanks for sharing!
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What a change! That definitely looks like more than 15 lbs. You look so much happier now.

PS: You're starting photo looks like me now, can I ask how tall you are?

I'm 5'10" and around 175 lbs (depending on the day and how much my scale likes me that morning)
  • stephcampbell77
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Thanks so much for sharing, you should be very proud of yourself!
  • stone307
    Options
    excellent job....be PROUD
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    would kill fr your tummy, what did you do?
  • KB626
    KB626 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Great job!
  • fruity2
    fruity2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Amazing. What a difference and you look so happy! Well done
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, you look great!! Your photos are inspiring!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! You look so much happier!
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You look great! The biggest difference is the definition of your waist. If you took measurements during this time I think it would be inches. Congrats!
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    What a change! That definitely looks like more than 15 lbs. You look so much happier now.

PS: You're starting photo looks like me now, can I ask how tall you are?

I'm 5'10" and around 175 lbs (depending on the day and how much my scale likes me that morning)

I'm about 5'5". :smile:
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    would kill fr your tummy, what did you do?

I attribute the vast majority of my weight-loss to diet, but I didn't really start toning up until I added running and weight-training. I began with C25K last August and am now gearing up my first half-marathon!

Most of my weight-training involves busting my butt for 30 minutes usually three times a week. I make myself do circuits: arms (15 reps), legs (15 reps), core (15 reps), and seriously intense cardio (60 seconds). Repeat... over and over again until I can't take it anymore or my 30 minutes are up. I vary the routine to make things interesting, but always stick to this format.
  • Narc_soda
    Narc_soda Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I was feeling pretty amazing about myself this weekend... so I decided to take a few progress photos. :smile:

A year ago, if you would've asked me if I would ever post pictures of myself in a sports bra... I would've laughed... then I might have cried. It simply was not an option. I would have vehemently refused.

But honestly, I think I look alright now and I feel good enough about myself to share these.

Before (April 2012) : This photo was taken four months into my weight-loss journey. It took me that long to get the nerve to actually have my picture taken again. I would estimate my weight was around 160 lbs... but I don't remember exactly. So, in reality, I was already about 30 lbs down by this time:
    temporary_zpsa1619697.jpg

After (taken last Saturday) : And now I'm hoovering around 145 lbs. Only five more to go:
    Photoon2-16-13at1257PM6_zpscd17e095.jpg

Before (April 2012): Side view!
    temporary_zpsf10bcf4b.jpg

After (last Saturday):
    Photoon2-16-13at1248PM5_zpsd038175b.jpg

It seems like so much more than 15 lbs! But really, that's the difference between these pictures.

* I apologize if the size of these images is out of control... I'm not sure how to change it. :flowerforyou:
    BUMP
  • LovingMe9698
    LovingMe9698 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congrats on the 15 pounds .. IT IS A HUGE DIFFERNCE =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!