FitBit - Does not sync with Macbook Pro

Options
Hi everyone. I want to just post saying how frustrating FitBit is.

My experience:

I just bought a FitBit today and tried hooking it up to my Macbook Pro and also android device. The FitBit would not sync to either one. I tried everything (re-adding battery, reinstalling software, etc). I have a brand new Macbook Pro OS X Version 10.8.2. My phone is a Boost Mobile Kyocera Hydro.

I went back to the store, and they spent 30 minutes trying to get it to sync. They even tried multiple FitBit devices. Nothing would sync, and they don't know why. They even tried to uninstall and reinstall everything from scratch.

Bottom line, if you have the same devices as me, don't get the FitBit! I hope this helps those who are considering this purchase.

Extra question:

In addition, can anyone recommend a device that does something similar to a FitBit but actually works well? Thanks!

Replies

• greenhelen
    greenhelen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just purchased the FitBit One and I have an Mac computer and it syncs fine. It's not a Macbook Pro, it's an iMac computer but I don't know why the Fitbit would sync with one Mac computer and not others. Have you been in touch with Fitbit to ask them?
  • azrrt76
    azrrt76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bodymedia+iMac and iPhone....no problems
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    bodymedia+iMac and iPhone....no problems

Thanks! This looks like a good choice. Is it comfortable to wear?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    My fitbit and my MacBook Pro get along fine.