A Tweaked Scone Recipe

gonnadoit2010
gonnadoit2010 Posts: 53 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
Happy Resurrection Day ! I Just wanted to share a Scone recipe that I tweaked. Orginally it was a Sour Cream Scone Recipe with lots of butter and Sour Cream. I was really craving scones this week end, so I decided to" Healthify " my recipe. I got it down to approximately 216 calories per scone. Hope you enjoy!

Greek Yogurt Craisen Scones

Mix together and set aside:

12 oz of 0% greek yogurt
1 tsp Baking Soda

In a large bowl mix the following:

4 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Splenda Sugar Blend
2 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 tsp Salt

Add
1/2 Cup chilled I Can't Believe it's Butter (cut into small cubes) Blend with flour mixture, using a pastry cutter until
it's a small pea size texture.

Mix 1 Egg to above yogurt . Add to Flour mixture. Mix until well blended. Add 1/2 Cup of Craisens. Mix.
Divide into 2 balls. Flatten to about 3/4 " thick. Cut each disk into 8 scones. Lightly oil cookie sheet and place scones about 1 - 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

This is a great recipe to play with. Add vanilla or almond flavoring or mini chocolate chips would be great too.

Replies

• this looks great! I have always been afraid of doughs and pastry type baking.... do you know how many calories these would have?

this might help

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
  • gonnadoit2010
    gonnadoit2010 Posts: 53 Member
    Good Morning,

There should be approximately 216 calories per wedge. A little high, but it sure is a nice treat every once in a while. After I made them, I decided to freeze the remaining, so the temptation won't be so close. Don't be afraid. Just don't play(mix) it too much becaise it will make the dough tough. Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.