I'm back, and I need your help.

Options
Hello all,
I'm back, again, and I really need some support. I joined MFP almost a year ago, and fell way off the wagon and ended up gaining about 30lbs. I am at my highest weight and am feeling pretty overwhelmed and desperate. I have never had success with any sort of weight loss, and so I have nothing to fall back on, no reason to believe I can do it.
I need someone, or even a whole community of someones that can help me hold myself accountable and believe that I can lose weight and get fit just like everyone else.
I don't really know what I am doing here, but this seemed like the best place to start, so here I am.

Replies

• Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I am on here everyday and I log everything, all my friends are great too
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third try here and this time I'm making sure I support everyone on my friends list every day. That keeps ME accountable as well!
  • mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm kinda new too. I find the best accountability is honestly tracking and recording EVERYTHING that I eat, even if I'm going over my goal. Another is to set very small realistic exercise goals. Mine started as 5 minutes of cardio, 3 times a week. Remember, you didn't gain weight overnight and habits take months, sometimes years to change. You can do it!
    Hang in there!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like.

I would start as simple as possible. Dont overwhelm yourself. A small change is better than none.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd attempt .... lost 78lbs in 09/2010 but let life in general and tragic things get in my way but at least I am back but with more of a positive attitude and more determination ...WE CAN DO THIS .....feel free to add me ....GOOD LUCK :bigsmile:
  • Dandelionesss
    Dandelionesss Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you so much everyone. This is a truly amazing community of people changing their lives day by day. I look forward to joining your ranks.
  • GIMOM66
    GIMOM66 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is the best place to be I'm finding out. The support is wonderful - no one berates you for having a bad day or even a few days. Just knowing that all my "friends" are pulling for me makes me want to do good. I've lost 8 lbs. in the 61/2 wks. I've been on here. I deal with medical issues and meds that aggravate my weight just as many others on here but I'm still losing and I'm down a size even tho I've not lost a lot of weight. It helps to look at others diets and see what they're eating to get new ideas and just to motivate you. Please give it a try - measure your portions, do even a little exercise every day and the weight will come off I promise. I'd love to be your friend as I struggle too. Good luck and know we're all here for you!
  • StaceySuperfly
    StaceySuperfly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! Add me, I am here every day. Look to other peoples diary's to get ideas. Personally, I don't cut out any foods, I just make sure to portion so I stay within my daily goals. It takes time to get to our goals but one day and one step at a time we will get there!
  • kma818
    Options
    Don't worry, I'm back here as well! After going through this once, I know that I can lose the weight again (about 20 pounds). You can do it, too! Think of it in a positive way... at least you already know some about diet and weight loss to get you started. We are all here to accomplish the same thing, and I wish you luck with your goal!