Hi :) **waves**

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm Lisa :)
I started my weight loss jounrney to 'Onederland' back in January 25th, 2010.
I'm on week 10 now and have lost 27 lbs so far, whooohoo!

My diet is just a simple one consisting of portion control and regular low fat, 1600 calories a day. Over the years I have tried several types of diets but have always ended up preferring and going back to the basic idea of simply eating less, eating heathier and exercising more.
I don't believe in eliminating certain foods, instead I have been learning how to moderate the junky foods and overall eat healthier meals eat day. The only exception to this was getting rid of the soda, lol. That was one of my biggest downfalls and now I simply drink water and my morning coffee (gotta get my caffiene somehow, lol)...and occasionally I will drink a LaCroix sparkling water (for the bubbles, hehe)

Exercise, well this was the main reason why I have not been successful in all my previous attemtps of losing weight. I hated exercise. I was never able to find one that I could honestly say I enjoyed doing......UNTIL I discovered Nintendo Wii this past January.
Now I exercise at least 5 days a week for at least 45 minutes each day and I LOVE it. Not only am i burning alot of calories but I'm having a blast playing my Wii games, like Walk It Out, WiiFitPlus and Just Dance.

My goals...well, I'm hoping to get to Onederland, hehe. The day I stand on my bathroom scale and the first digit is a 1...not a 2.
I started off at 283lbs on January 25th 2010....
Currently I am 256lbs, April 3rd 2010

I'm looking forward to meeting new friends on here :)

Replies

• Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and keep up the great work!:bigsmile:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Exercise was key for me as well. Not only am I smaller, I just feel so good now. I know I'm in better shape now than I've been in years and hope to keep going with it.
  • bjandlm
    bjandlm Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi Lisa, sounds like you got a really good plan goin on. I am impressed. I too have been losing
    weight with MFP, about 2 pounds a week, but today was my weekly weigh-in, and I stayed the same.
    I am a little bummed. My plan is to work harder this week, and hopefully I will begin losing again.
    Good Luck to you!:smile:
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I actually learned about Just Dance from this website and picked it up last week. So much fun!
  • Onederland
    Options
    WOW, thank you all for your wonderful replies. I've only been a member now for less than an hour and already have started making friends. The support here is awesome!

Thank you all again. :)