5 weeks in and fatigued

Options
Hi,

I am 5 weeks in and have been following a reasonably good lifestyle. I have now hit my 5 week mark and am absolutely fatigued- 5am starts were an invigorating way to start the day and now I am doing it but feel exhausted at work all day- not to mention extra hungry.

Has anyone else expertienced this and will it pass or is there something else I can do to over ride it? I am traking a multi-vitamin- feel free to check my diary out..

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    First thought - many days you aren't even eating 1200 calories and your goal is higher. You need to fuel your body especially if you are doing a lot of exercise.
    Second thought - how often do you rest. Many training programs have a de load week where you cut back and give yourself time to recover.
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    looks like you aren't eating enough, you avg 1000 cals/day at the few days I look at in your diary. How tall are you?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    You seem to have a lot of days where you do 600 calories worth of exercise and only eat 1000 calories that day. In effect you're only eating 400 calories on those days.
  • TarshCooper001
    TarshCooper001 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys- I generally dont have a 'down week' on my off weeks I will take a day off the gym.
    As the MFP exercise guide seems to opver calculate the amount of cals burnt in exercising (still trying to find a hrm in my price range) I under eat to combat.

I pack lunches for work and snack regularly- it seems I am forever feeding my face, so I didnt think food was a problem.
    So the general consensus seems to be to eat more?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys- I generally dont have a 'down week' on my off weeks I will take a day off the gym.
    As the MFP exercise guide seems to opver calculate the amount of cals burnt in exercising (still trying to find a hrm in my price range) I under eat to combat.

I pack lunches for work and snack regularly- it seems I am forever feeding my face, so I didnt think food was a problem.
    So the general consensus seems to be to eat more?

I understand MFP can overestimate but you are still not even eating your goal. A HRM isn't necessary. You can try eating a portion of your exercise calories given by MFP, even half, and go from there. It doesn't have to be all or none.
    Or you can use a different method where you estimate activity level and not worry about calories per workout. Like this one
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

You are saying you are hungry and you are tired, and are consuming low amount of calories, food is likely the problem.
    Yes consensus is eat more.
  • MsCarlalalala
    Options
    I was the same way after 4 weeks. I lost 6 pounds then stopped losing, started to feel hungry all the time and jittery. Some one told me to eat more and I laughed. Then they sent me this link. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I read it and decided to give it a try. I started eating 400 calories more a day and I feel great. At first I gained back 5 pounds and was freaking out ready to quit, but that same person. assured me it was only temporary. Sure enough after another week those five pound came off and today I'm down another.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Calculate your BMR and make sure you aren't eating under this amount. Eat back some of your exercise calories (not all if you're worried about MFP over-estimating)
  • TarshCooper001
    TarshCooper001 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ok- will make a conscious effort to eat back my calories and try to keep to my 1200 + exercise calories.. will report back in a week to let you know of my (hopeful) success!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 5 weeks in and have been following a reasonably good lifestyle. I have now hit my 5 week mark and am absolutely fatigued- 5am starts were an invigorating way to start the day and now I am doing it but feel exhausted at work all day- not to mention extra hungry.

Has anyone else expertienced this and will it pass or is there something else I can do to over ride it? I am traking a multi-vitamin- feel free to check my diary out..

I experience that if I go under about 1500 or so calories for more than a day. One day, and I can do ok, but when I first started, MFP put me at 1280 calories, and I wasn't going to even attempt going from 3000ish calories that caused all the weight gain down to eating such a tiny amount. I ended up increasing my initial goal to 1500, then 1600, and so on. Seven months in, I'm losing a pound a week averaging 2200/day. I also try to eat at least one fruit and one vegetable every day. I have energy levels that I haven't felt since I was 19.

Don't be afraid to eat. That's why you have MFP, to keep track of it all. So long as you're consistently keeping accurate logs of what you eat, and you don't have any medical conditions, then you will have no problem finding the right calorie goal. Consistency over time...
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    More protein. Use powder mixed into yougurt or shakes. And water, lots. I also ( in all seriousness) starting drinking coffee. Just one cup a day. Plus green tea. The caffiene helps.