High protein/low carb diet

Hi, I just started on a high protein/low carb diet. I am 5'7" and weigh 178. My weight has been the same for years. I have a UNDER active thyroid which makes it more difficult for me to lose weight. I haven't tried many DIETS cause they don't seem to work for me. I do eat more healthy then I used to. (no soda or sugary drinks, no chips etc.) My weight still stays the same. So my friend said I should try the High protein/low carb diet. (it's only been 2 days) Based on my height and weight, I have no idea how much protein and carbs I should be eating a day. My goal is to get down to 140. I could go lower but I don't want to look TOO skinny. Just healthy. I know from reading the message boards that the protein setting is way to low and should be changed to at least twice the amount. Can someone please guide me?

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    My diary is open if you want an idea of what one low carber eats anyway (I don't eat enough veggies because I hate them like little kids hate them, so ignore that bit).

You need fat too, not just protein and low carb. If you don't get enough fat you will be very hungry and eventually very sick.

Another place to go even if you don't plan on doing Atkins is the Atkins forum. There are also low carb and Atkins sub forums and a keto forum here on this site you can join for help.