Polar hrm

Options
Does anyone know the difference between the Polar ft 1, ft. 4 and ft 7. I see I can get the ft1 at Target for 59.00 and the ft4 at Canadian Tire for 139.00 that us quite the price difference. I just want it to track cals for my workout videos so I can record accurately.

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure on the difference, but am pretty sure you can compare them all on the polar website. i have had my polar4 for about 4 months now and love it. it records cal burned, time i was in my target zone, duration of workout, actual time of day, and saves the last 10 workouts. i researched it pretty thoroughly and based on what i wanted it to do, this was the one for me. i love it.
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks I saw that the f1 does not do cals so that one is out. I just want people's opinions rather than the website so thanks a lot:)
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have been shopping and trying to decide myself. Amazon has the FT4, FT40, and FT7 the cheapest I have found today. I posted a similar question earlier today and got that everyone loves them but not really why.
  • kiyakiyaflem
    Options
    You can get the Polar FT4 on Amazon for about $60-$65
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I purchased my FT7 on amazon for 75. It records calories burned, time I was in target HR zone, etc. It comes with a chest strap so it gives a continuous heart rate reading.
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You can get the Polar FT4 on Amazon for about $60-$65

and free shipping! thats where I got mine.
  • falcon367
    Options
    I got an FT4 last fall for $54 online ... it doesn't have a ton of features, but all I really care about is an accurate calorie burn and that it does consistently.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I bought my FT4 on amazon for about $60 and love it!
  • archie1964
    archie1964 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased the F4 and it's terrific, so much more accurate in calorie counting than the "iphone or droid" apps. The F7 which is more expensive has the capability of logging your data straight onto a spread sheet, but i find the F4 more than suitable as you can still log your progress manually on MFP or polars website. :smile:
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone you guys have been helpful in this much appreciated:)