What else should I do?

Options
I just started my Ripped in 30 DVD and finished day 2. I do ripped in 30 in the morning, but what should I do at night? More cardio? Or more strength training?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    depends on what your goals are
  • Three4MeNHim
    Options
    I want to lose a little more than 20lbs but also want to tone up.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Or you could just do nothing. Its totally up to you but you don't need to spend a million hours working out.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Or you could just do nothing. Its totally up to you but you don't need to spend a million hours working out.

Exactly.

If you are oh so compelled to do something else, do more focused stretching. How about some yoga.
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could do a second short cardio workout 2-3 days a week, and strength training on alternate days. When I wasn't teaching fitness classes, breaking up my workout into two sessions worked out greatly for me.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    If you are finding your dvd to be unchallenging, the first thing to do is to up intensity while doing it. Otherwise, weight training is a good compliment to any weight loss diet.

I would not recommend yoga or stretching...as a tool for weight loss...as they are moreso for mental wellness and mobility. Not to say that they don't have their place in a weight loss regimen...but they are far from optimal in terms of results.