Why, cat, why?

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    It is incredibly selfish to let your cat run loose to kill other people's poultry, destroy songbirds, crap in your neighbor's flower beds or kids' sandbox, etc. If you are too indulgent or too lazy to keep the thing inside and have to change the catbox, get rid of the damned cat, not just let it out the door.
  • KJFairywings
    KJFairywings Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    They love you that is why they bring you dead, half-dead or even undead presents for you.... Besides, cats are always plotting something.... I love when my kitty boys bring me presents.... lol
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your cat stories! Keep 'em coming! (That pic was hilarious!)

I think I'm going to thank my kitty and buy a different welcome mat, the all-rubber kind, where stuff doesn't stick to it as much.

I do know he loves me. He'll come to me periodically with this look of total love and devotion in his eyes, and then scoot right up against me as tight as he can. I always give him a good long petting and I think he appreciates it. I'm a big pet lover.. dogs and cats alike. My cat's name is Gary, after that little snail on SpongeBob, cause he sounds just like that. :smile:
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Normal part of living with a cat. Give them lots of love when they do, cus it shows how much you appreciate their gift.

When ours was an outdoor cat we got heads and entrails on a pretty regular basis...and the rare live bird or snake inside the house, brought in by a proud feline who got very miffed when I took them back outside.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    It is incredibly selfish to let your cat run loose to kill other people's poultry, destroy songbirds, crap in your neighbor's flower beds or kids' sandbox, etc. If you are too indulgent or too lazy to keep the thing inside and have to change the catbox, get rid of the damned cat, not just let it out the door.

Angry lady hatez meh:(
  • trb85
    trb85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    All cats will kill if they can. They make no distinction between mice, songbirds, or your neighbor's baby chickens. Free roaming cats are destructive vermin. Keep your cats inside. I've lost ducklings to predation and I HATE cats.

The same could be said for putting your ducklings in an enclosed cage/pen, which I'm sure will end up pooping all over the place. Because they're birds, and that's what birds do. But I get your point and agree with you. I don't like roaming cats any more than I like roaming dogs or roaming children. Personally, I keep my two cats inside. I love them far too much to risk their death by letting them outside (again, roaming dogs, etc. in the neighborhood). I have way too much money and emotion invested in them to risk having them get run over, attacked, or stolen. Why have a pet if you just keep it outside all the time? No, thank you!

@the OP: I could be worse. I'm on my 4th phone charger and 2nd monitor cable. One of my cats has a thing for biting wires, which is very troubling. I wipe the cords down with hot sauce, wrap most things in a Monster Cable Zip It thing ... and yet, she still manages to find a way to get her teeth into everything :(
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options

You think that it is selfish to keep an animal that has natural hunting instincts stuck inside for its whole life?!
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods. They have not forgotten this.

:noway:
  • jbutterflye
    Options

Angry lady hatez meh:(

LOL!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
  • Superchikanthem
    Options
    I have two cats that are now finally old enough to go outside this spring! I feed them both raw food and they love to hunt the ants that make their way into the house and they are always chasing the leaves that blow by the window. They are super cute!

My one cat Bo will spend about 30-60 min eating her chicken neck sometimes because she is trying to "Kill it" so I know she will be a fabulous mouser. My other cat Lucy is a little more lady like but will still be a very active outdoor cat I believe.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    The cat is saying I love you stupid human even if you suck at hunting. Therefore I will hunt for you bring you food.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My cat does not bring snacks for me. She catches mice and brings them right to the dog. I can hear him crunching...:ohwell:
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I only have 1 indoor/outdoor cat left (other 3 are too chicken to go out, or too stupid to come back home.) She is the one who acts indignant when I refuse her entry to the house with the live gifts she brings home. I have no qualms with letting her outside. She is indeed a killing machine, that's her job. Doing what Darwin loves best, weeding out the genetic pool. I already told my neighbors if they see my cat fertilizing their flower bed feel free to hose em down. That ought to deter them for the next time.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    kitty is saying "Here large hairless cat, I caught this for you because I love you."

"But I only loves you a little, 'cause I eated some of it."
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i had a beast of a cat that loved being outdoors. he would bring in live animals and kill them in front of me. one time he brought in a mouse, played with it, killed it, ate it, then threw it up inside out. it was the grossest thing i've ever seen.
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    Yeah, mine threw up one on the carpet once. But then luckily (yeah right) my dog ate the throw up remains. Nice!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I used to have two cats. One of them used to bring home a kill and yowl and yowl at the door for us to come see. The other cat was a wuss, and a little stupid. One day we heard her yowling at the door. We came to see her kill, and laughed so hard when we saw that she had stalked, attacked, killed, and brought to our door, a 5 inch long....pine cone. :laugh:
  • Superchikanthem
    Options
    i had a beast of a cat that loved being outdoors. he would bring in live animals and kill them in front of me. one time he brought in a mouse, played with it, killed it, ate it, then threw it up inside out. it was the grossest thing i've ever seen.

I'm sorry but that made me laugh! Your right it is gross but that is the way of nature. :laugh:
  • Superchikanthem
    Options
    I used to have two cats. One of them used to bring home a kill and yowl and yowl at the door for us to come see. The other cat was a wuss, and a little stupid. One day we heard her yowling at the door. We came to see her kill, and laughed so hard when we saw that she had stalked, attacked, killed, and brought to our door, a 5 inch long....pine cone. :laugh:

Bahahahaha! That is epic! :laugh: