New and ready to get in shape...again!

Options
Hi everyone! I have done this so many times in my life. Eat right and exercise, for six months to a year, then fall back to the seditary lifestyle and eating what I want, when I want, just when I get to the weight I am comfortable with. I am so over doing this yo-yo. I need motovation to make this a lifestyle change, not just a temporary fix. I am currently nearing 30 lbs over weight. I have put on about 15lbs since Christmas, after I had a back injury that stopped me from practicing yoga. I was also eating raw vegan most of the time, however after the injury I went back to eating junk food. My back has been fine for over a month, but I am still sitting on the couch! I am at my heaviest weight since having my daughter, 17 years ago. I'm ready to get back in shape and keep the weight off for good.

Replies

• Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yay, for you!! I say is never too late!! :happy:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You have found the right place for friends and support! Use the tools to log your cals and exercise and get active in the forums to give and receive support. The weight will melt off with your consistancy. I haven't been able to stick with anything this long. I found this site by accident after foot surgery in Dec. I actually lost weight while recovering! :bigsmile: Don't feel guilty about putting yourself on the list. It is your turn. You will have more energy to share with others when you care for yourself! Here is to a new and wonderful you! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Jamie_Moy
    Jamie_Moy Posts: 40
    Options
    You will love this site, it's so motivational and supportive. It keeps you going. I was having a hard couple weeks this last month, and just the support from my buddies really kept me motivated and going! It's so much better then dieting on your own. For me at least. I wish you lots of luck and success!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Welcome. We all understand your struggles. We're all here for you when it gets hard. Good luck to you in meeting your goals!
  • maryroseclare
    Options
    Welcome, I'm new to this site also - I've been using it for 2 weeks and have lost 5 lbs. I find it very supportive and motivating. Good luck!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Lots of commonalities here...take it slow with your back...be sure to use those stretch exercises!

welcome & good going!