Just started taking Citrucel...

Options
I posted this in the general topic area and no one answered... sooooooo ,Anyone on here take it and if so , what are your thoughts on it? I am taking this to help me get regular... water, veggies and cario just arent doing it enough for me...Also, I am taking the sugar free kind...

Replies

• youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you increase your fiber intake along with the water...Eat more stuff high in fiber and they also make a fiber one bar you can get in diffrent flavors..and they are yummy..
  • danielle4992
    danielle4992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I already have a fiber one bar with breakfast every morning ( carmel and oats MmMmMm ), and i drink AT LEAST 82 ounces of water a day ( I drink all of this rubbermaid container I have )... so I've tried also adding more fiber through veggies and that didn't work either... So this was a last effort to add more fiber to my diet... its been 1 1/2 days and I already have "gone" a few times and I felt way better on my run this morning... but thanks for the reply!
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Citrucel works fine for what you're using it for :), some people need a little more fiber then they are able to get from just diet. If it's working, keep with it! One of the first things I recommend for my pt's who need a little more regularity is increasing dietary fiber and if that doesn't work a fiber supplement.
  • Jamie_Moy
    Jamie_Moy Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm right there with you danielle. I started taking the sugar free metamucil last week and it has done wonders. That and drinking water and eating one big salad a day!! Good luck!