Body Wraps...Are they legit?

Options
Does anyone know anything about body wraps. I have Googled them, but I want to know first hand if they work or if it is just one of those temporary fixes that work for a few days and then the weight/inches are back on.

Replies

• c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not legit. Cosmetic fix only.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know anything about body wraps. I have Googled them, but I want to know first hand if they work or if it is just one of those temporary fixes that work for a few days and then the weight/inches are back on.

it is just one of those temporary fixes that work for a few days and then the weight/inches are back on.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    It's a temp fix, you lose water in your tissues but when you start drinking water again, it will come back.
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I used to go a couple of years ago. they are a temporary fix. Now if you go once a week or every other week and take the products that they offer, it is effective. I had good results when I went. But everyone is different.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Totally legit.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • kimberlyshian
    Options
    I figured it was a temporary fix from other things that I have read...just curious to see other people's experiences.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Do you mean second hand? If you wanted to know first hand, you'd do it... and probably waste your money.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Done it, as a favor to someone having a party. Waste of money.
  • kimberlyshian
    Options
    Yeah, that's what I would be doing.
  • knicolelynch
    Options
    my friend sells herbalife, and she swears by them, always looses inches after she does them, but it's not permanent. She gave me some and I can't really tell the difference other than my stretch marks/ skin looks a little better after. I think it hydrates your skin and makes it look better, so it might be worth it to do one a week before a pool party, but you can't skip dieting or cram yourself into a dress that wouldn't fit otherwise from what I could see.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    No

nonono_zpsf5bca560.gif
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Spanx are more efficient.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Yep they work great! (for separating suckers from their money)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I wore my pants too tight for an entire year and didn't lose anything. :sad:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    When I was young and foolish, we used to do the same thing with Saran Wrap.:noway:
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've tried twice and NO success at all, its just a money grab!
  • x_ItNeverEnds_x
    Options
    Quick/temporary fix. Great if you get it done in the morning for a event that night.
  • DivineDiva22
    DivineDiva22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    People do similar things (with Prep H and saran wrap overnight) in the military to cut the inches down for taping. It's only temporary and like others have said it will come back when you start drinking water. You only lose water weight.
  • Boringdoug
    Boringdoug Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I heard about a lady who did some kind of mud wrap. I think they took a bunch of special expensive mud and smeared it on her body and then wrapped her up in saran wrap. They left the wraps on too long though and her skin absorbed all the mud and she gained like 10 pounds and she was all lumpy from all the mud inside her. So be careful if you do that.