Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New and would love some tips.

Hi.
I decided to finally after all these years do something about my weight.
I was always pretty self conscious about my size and that put a lot of stress on me and I just started to eat the stress away.
I just recently had a baby and I gained 60 lbs /: It's pretty hard to find time to exercise with her and the only equipment I have available is a treadmill and all my money goes towards my daughter. I'm eating healthy and counting my calories but I'm worried that wont be enough. I don't even know where to begin to start exercising properly. I live with my parents currently also and they eat fatty foods, chips and candy so I really have no support so any tips and advice would be great.

Replies

• Hey there, Bottom line its all about calories-in and calories-out. the Human body was created for walking and running and its the most efficient way to burn fat calories. And on a personal note, you owe this to your new daughter, (congrats btw). When I was younger my brother and I together were, and still are obese. And as a family we all gained weight by eating moms great home cooking. but instead of the mac and cheese we had for every meal we should have swapped a salad in. I say this because it was absolutle hell being the fat kid in school. It all starts with a great healthy foundation when you are young and leads to a great lifestyle when people get older and can make their own meal desicions.

As for the excersice, any walk or jog is benificial. When i started biking i was only able to do 15-20 minutes a day (1-2 months ago) now im up to 1 hour and 6 miles a day.

Now dont be discouraged when some weeks you gain or lose weight, if you fall of the bike then get back on and keep going. you WILL lose the weight if you want to lose it.

(btw i have been trying to lose 100 pounds in about a year now and the key is to never give up)