3 Day Military Diet.

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If the doctor told me I had only 4 days to live, I guess I'd give something called the 3 day diet a try.

If the doctor told me I had only 31 days to live, I guess I'd be interested in a workout called the 30 Day Shred.

If the doctor told me that I had 7 weeks to live, maybe 6 Week 6 Pack would be worth a shot.

But since right now I'm planning a living a long time, any diet or fitness plan that only lasts a few days or weeks is not something worth considering
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    That 3 day diet has been around forever. I did it in high school...the loss is not sustainable. Just my experience. Good luck! :smile:
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This is how I look at it - is it something you could healthily and successfully maintain over a lifetime? If so, give it a try. If not, run the heck away from it!

Eat less. Move more. Good luck!!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    If you agree that approximately 3500 calories are needed to lose 1 pound*, then you only need to do the math.

10 lb = 35 000 calories deficit

what you normally eat in 3 days = 3 x 2500 calories = 7500 calories

Even if you don't eat anything, how is this going to jump up to 35 000 ?

*of FAT, that is - if you want to lose water it may work.. but where does that get you?
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    If the doctor told me I had only 4 days to live, I guess I'd give something called the 3 day diet a try.

If the doctor told me I had only 31 days to live, I guess I'd be interested in a workout called the 30 Day Shred.

If the doctor told me that I had 7 weeks to live, maybe 6 Week 6 Pack would be worth a shot.

But since right now I'm planning a living a long time, any diet or fitness plan that only lasts a few days or weeks is not something worth considering

all the truth you need ^^^ right there.
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Not a fan! Everyone I know that does it ends up gaining back what they lost. Eat at a deficit and bust your butt in the gym. Diets are temporary, focus on the long term, find a healthy balance for long term lasting success.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    If the doctor told me I had only 4 days to live

I'd stuff my face with lobster, caviar, champagne and cocaine!
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    sounds like a gimmick
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    no. this is no good. please seek other avenues of rational weight loss.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I thought a military diet was just bread and water.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/741436-3-day-military-diet-information-and-a-rant

I can't imagine the military actually endorsing something so frightfully and stupidly dangerous, either.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I thought a military diet was just bread and water.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

also copious amounts of hard tack.
  • Loved1s
    Loved1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If the doctor told me I had only 4 days to live

I'd stuff my face with lobster, caviar, champagne and cocaine!

????LMAO!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Why do they call it the "military" diet? Doesn't sound remotely like anything the military would do. :laugh:
  • AmyJeanMarie84
    AmyJeanMarie84 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Military diet consists of an MRE and a Rip It energy drink. They arnt interested actual programs so much as cutting costs, and how quickly you can scarf it down, before you are Oscar Mike. Lol personally prefer the manicotti MRE.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    All "diets" are stupid. Listen to your body. Do your own research with your own body to find what works for you. Stop trying to find the "easy" way -- the only way that will work for you is your way.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried it? I recently stumbled across it on Pinterest. It intrigued me, so I put everything in on here.
    It gives you a significant amount of calories (So with no exercise, no metabolic destruction.) A lot of fat, and low carbs.

My only concern is that you only eat three times a day, where as in my experience the more often you eat, the better.
    Also it says to exercise! But then, that would drop your net below 1,200. Equalling metabolic destruction.

Any thoughts, or experiences to share with me?

I thought eating more frequently was good too, but was shown this today - http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=319

Looks like it's actually good to have a few meals a day.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options

This needs to be saved and stickied somewhere! Well said Dave!
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    a girl i know is doing this, she just completed the first day yesterday. personally, i wouldn't do it.....
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    493x426px-LL-40a734df_This_post_again.jpeg

Seriously, no. Why would you even bother, when you would get better, more lasting results by just doing it right in the first place? Blah.