dinner ideas

KChristie976
KChristie976 Posts: 150 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
Im trying to make a weekly meal plan for my family. It consists of a 2 year old and a 23 year old man plus me. I was lookin for some tips on some low cal tacos. And will take any other meal ideas you have for me :)

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    i think a weekly plan is key. i love to plan out my menus! feel free to check out my blog for my weekly menu (the link is in my signature). :)

as far as the low cal tacos, there are several tips that can make it healthier. use a lean meat (93% beef or 97% turkey, chicken is also really good). try plain yogurt instead of sour cream. cut back on the amount of cheese you use. add in black beans. salsa is really low in calories. pile on the lettuce and tomato. add in shredded carrots or broccoli slaw. make it a salad and crumble 4 chips into your plate for the 'crunch'.

hope that gives you some new ideas to get you started!
    dawn
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Use corn tortillas instead of flour. Check out the calories on the packages and you'll see a huge differences. Just make sure you heat them up first which isn't necessarily required of a flour tortilla.

Also, although it is relatively high in calories, avocado is still a pretty healthy fruit. This can be used instead of sour cream and you can mix some spicy salsa into a mashed avocado and mmmmmm enjoy.

Luck.
  • KChristie976
    KChristie976 Posts: 150 Member
    Thanks for the tips. I think I will try both of those! Also Im gonna start trying to stick to a meal plan. And will def check your out!
This discussion has been closed.