What's your favourite running music?

Options
I have 2 weeks until my next half marathon and I need some help putting together a motivating play list. I have never run with music before because I have been fortunate enough to have friends to talk to take my mind off the run. But on race day everyone does their own thing and I would love some tips on some music to keep me going. Just shout out your favourite! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• BohoLovin
    Options
    I love anything by GirlTalk (they are mash-up artists). It all has a good beat and keeps me motivated and moving.
    Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bMM7tGV9MI (Explicit Language)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I love anything by GirlTalk (they are mash-up artists). It all has a good beat and keeps me motivated and moving.
    Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bMM7tGV9MI (Explicit Language)

Me too!
  • Ksoavid
    Options
    Dubstep!!!! Especially skrillex! It pumps you up to do intervals when the beat drops.:happy:
  • agadoogirl
    agadoogirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My running playlist is always full of old cheesey music that I know every single word to. It gives me something else to focus on rather than the run, I just sing along (hopefully) in my head. Stuuf like the b52s, mc hammer, etc
  • PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    For some reason I always run to stuff I normally don't like. On my list right now is;
    Calvin Harris
    Niki M
    George Harrison (I got my mind set on you - the track fr the 80's. Super poppy)
    Havana Brown
    Pit Bull
    Chris Brown
    BASICALLY any pop beat tech house music that is on the radio right now
    I am normally a very Indi Rock and Bluegrass kinda girl.
    I think the fact that I don't like the music makes me run to it harder lol
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Agreed on GirlTalk. I've listened to all his albums to death!

Bumping for some new ideas.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I don't run often, and when I do, it's on the treadmill, but here are the songs that really get me in the zone:

Ted Nugent-Stranglehold
    AC/DC-Back in Black and Highway to Hell
    Bryan Adams-Run to You
    Theme from Rocky (of course!)
    Survivor-Eye of the Tiger
    Black Eyed Peas-Let's Get it Started
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    When I'm running I like to listen to metal, but when I'm exhausted from that I like to stop and just focus on the exercise.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    i have a list of songs on my blog

http://lifeofanoniongirl.wordpress.com

you are more than welcome to use that list to make up your list of songs.

I like a bit of everything.

rockmyrun.com
    and
    gymdj.com

have great mixes too.

My last long run, I listened to and audio book, prior to that it was Maroon 5's 'overexposed"
  • 29forever
    29forever Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    These suggestions are awesome!! Thanks everyone!
  • _TEMPEST_
    Options
    On the Slacker satellite radio, there is a channel called "Dance Workout" and another called "BPM Workout". I really like these because they keep a steady tempo from song to song that I can easily run at 5+ mph. Other than that, I looooove disco...it just makes you happy! Give it a try!
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    something with a quick beat and not too many words (like progressive house music)
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've been all about The Prodigy lately for running.
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Lords of Acid, and old Ministry. Nice fast beats that pump me up.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I am 65 so I tend to go with the oldies Beach Boys seem to have a beat that suits my stride usually as well as old 50s rock old Blues BB King sometimes the words get me going the revving engines in the car songs pick me up and I usually need to have some juice after mile 5 to get me revved up again
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Go to jog.fm and put in your mile pace, it will come up will all kinds of songs that are the right BPM... I love it!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    " Girlfriend" Avril Levine lol.... Song makes you wanna run all over the place
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like my music to drive me...

Rise Against
    A Day to Remember
    Foo Fighters
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Tool
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Dubstep!!!! Especially skrillex! It pumps you up to do intervals when the beat drops.:happy:

This! Knife Party is great!
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    "Don't Bring Me Down" by ELO; "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga, "Love Shack" by the B52's.....