Finding it hard to have a rest day.

Do you guys find it hard to have a rest day too? My muscles get SO sore but when I try and take a rest day all I think about is exercising and I end up doing something...:laugh:

Replies

• jesroxy
    jesroxy Posts: 5 Member
    I hear that!!! I have been told its okay to do cardio daily but should have rest days for strength training. I try to make sure that once day a week I'm only doing light cardio 30min-60min max. And also try to keep myself busy with social events on that day as to get me out of the gym.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Do you guys find it hard to have a rest day too? My muscles get SO sore but when I try and take a rest day all I think about is exercising and I end up doing something...:laugh:

If sore muscles, you just confirmed prior workout was good, hopefully caused microtears that require repairing stronger.

Now give them the rest to recover and repair. If you don't and just tear them more or kill the repair, well, what do you get when you pick at a scab?
    A scar, and you can cause intra-muscular scarring if you never allow a good repair.

So if you are exercising for beneficial body improvements - let you body improve, with the rest it needs. Walk. Swim, different muscles than those trying to recover.

Usually if you don't give your body the rest it needs purposely, it'll force a way to get it when you get sick more often than needed, or get injured.
  • Do you guys find it hard to have a rest day too? My muscles get SO sore but when I try and take a rest day all I think about is exercising and I end up doing something...:laugh:

If sore muscles, you just confirmed prior workout was good, hopefully caused microtears that require repairing stronger.

Now give them the rest to recover and repair. If you don't and just tear them more or kill the repair, well, what do you get when you pick at a scab?
    A scar, and you can cause intra-muscular scarring if you never allow a good repair.

So if you are exercising for beneficial body improvements - let you body improve, with the rest it needs. Walk. Swim, different muscles than those trying to recover.

Usually if you don't give your body the rest it needs purposely, it'll force a way to get it when you get sick more often than needed, or get injured.

Thank you for the advice! Swimming and walking sounds good :wink: