Boxercise

Options
I have been advised by the doctor to avoid high intensity cardio for now so running and metafit are out the window.

How cardio based is Boxercise?

I can do the 30 day shred ok, as there is only 2 minutes of cadio in it, so strength and abs for me are fine.

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Why were you told to avoid High Intensity Cardio? Doing "Boxercise" shouldn't be too bad because you are not doing a lot of jumping. Its more core, arms and kicking.
  • michaelalouise3915
    michaelalouise3915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, the boxercise at my gym almost killed me, it was essentially running for an hour, with the occasional box haha.
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I love boxercise, our was like circuits moving around to pair up with different people with punching and kicking. I ached for almost a week after!
  • Jay606
    Jay606 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Power walking i heard I've heard is the best exercise for weight loss but puts no strain on body.
  • mixedlollies
    mixedlollies Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I used to attend boxercise classes at my gym and as far as I can remember it was just punching with lots of sit-ups and the occasional relay, so not much cardio at all.

It sounds like it varies a lot from place to place though, so you're probably better off talking to the instructor.
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey. I teach Boxercise but each instructor will be different. I include alot of boxing but it's certainly high intensity. I would personally say its very cardio based and intense.

Hope this helps :)
  • paulahunter3
    Options
    thanks for your assistance with this, great help.

I have the number for the instructor so will give her a call to see how intense her class is
  • lozadee
    lozadee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Check with the gym/instructor - tell them what reasons your recommended to avoid cardio for and they will recommend based on that - the class content is too varied to go on recommendations on here