Motivation.

Options
Lately, my motivation has kind of taken a hit.
I've been doing well and all of a sudden it seems like my drive is gone.
I know that a lot of it has to do with spring break along with going home for Easter and every time I get off track, getting back on is always a slight problem.

Working out hasn't been an issue, but eating only my allotted calories hasn't exactly been working out for me.

What do you all do when you need to get that drive back?
Are there any tips besides a good look in the mirror (even though I'm almost positive that will help a lot)

Replies

• LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Lately, my motivation has kind of taken a hit.
    I've been doing well and all of a sudden it seems like my drive is gone.
    I know that a lot of it has to do with spring break along with going home for Easter and every time I get off track, getting back on is always a slight problem.

Working out hasn't been an issue, but eating only my allotted calories hasn't exactly been working out for me.

What do you all do when you need to get that drive back?
    Are there any tips besides a good look in the mirror (even though I'm almost positive that will help a lot)
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    To get my drive back I go shopping and try on the jeans I used to wear before my boyfriend moved to town. That kicks my *kitten* into gear quickly.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    YOu are not alone. We all have times when our motivation is just not there.

One thing that works for me. Is even though it doesn't necesarily help with the motivation but it gets me moving in the right direction is to plan my meals for the next week and go shopping for them. That includes snacks and everything. I choose to have things new to me and that tends to feel like I am doing something special.

Secondly I also try some clothes on that I have been working at getting into. It reminds me that I do have a goal set that I want to reach. I have some clothes set aside since last summer that I could hardly get up much less wear that I am now wearing.

You can do this and you are with all of us on this journey. Keep it up:flowerforyou:
  • wildcatmom2u
    Options
    I like some of the ideas that have been replied. I know what you are feeling. My husband says that he likes me just the way that I am and not to worry about any of it. But geez! I am sick of it and tell him so. But there is no motivation. He is skinny, the kids are skinny, and poor mom just can't get going. I have trouble going to the gym and somewhat staying within the daily calories. But we must persevere. We are a train trudging up the mountain. I also am going to try the replies and I hope the work for me like I know that they will work for you!