2.5km fun run in four weeks...

Options
I have been going to the gym for awhile, but I am not the fittest person as I am a bit sporadic with my attendance. There is a fun run in four weeks that I would love to enter as I feel it will be a great achievement for me. It has literally only been in the last week that I have started running on the treadmill at the gym (always stuck to bike and cross trainer). I can do combinations of jogging and walking on the treadmill for about 20 mins alternating between levels 5.6 and 9.1 with an incline of 1.5%. Does anyone think that it is feasible for me to be able to complete a 2.5km circuit with only 4 weeks to train??

Replies

• Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ok so 2.5km, about 1.5 miles.. if you can build up your endurance to jog/run solidly for 20 minutes doing about a 13-minute-mile pace then you would have covered about 1.5 miles... Just jump on the treadmill and see how long/far you can run for in one hit and then increase it a little bit each time you run (e.g every other day) for the next 4 weeks. And enter the fun run anyway, no shame in slowing halfway to do 5 minutes of power walking! Good luck!! :)