toning loose arm skin

Is it possible to tone the loose skin under my arms? I have lost 40 pounds previously but even with daily exercise and a trainer for 9 months I still had the loose skin. Am I not doing the right exercises or it it impossible to tighten up this loose skin. Getting very depressed about this issue.

Replies

• vlavoie84
    vlavoie84 Posts: 2 Member
    I can only tell you from my own experience that it most likely will not tone up to the way you'd like it to look. I went to a doctor to discuss liposuction for my arms (thinking that they were still fat and not responding to all my weight loss). As it turns out, it's mostly loose skin at this point. While some of the skin will tone up, it won't retract all that much now that the skin has been stretched for an extended period of time. Unfortunately, my option is brachioplasty (an arm lift).

My best suggestion is to continue your exercises and keep moisturizing the skin. And next time you see your doctor, you could always ask their opinion on your skin shrinking back (because everyone is different), and what your options are.

Good luck!