Chinese food

Options
Hey everyone. I'm half chinese and my aunties have asked me out to yum cha. I couldnt turn it down so I'm not sure on how to count the calories I eat there. I will be trying to eat veg over meat and have steamed over fried etc and will exercise extra tomorrow. Got any tips or suggestions from your experiences? Should I worry? Seeing as thoughh its just one meal?

Replies

• marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm half chinese and my aunties have asked me out to yum cha. I couldnt turn it down so I'm not sure on how to count the calories I eat there. I will be trying to eat veg over meat and have steamed over fried etc and will exercise extra tomorrow. Got any tips or suggestions from your experiences? Should I worry? Seeing as thoughh its just one meal?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    OK, so if I'm correct, this is dim sum type foods?

If it is, here's a link I used last time I went for dim sum. It's from Hong Kong, so it's not "American-y" versions, but the real stuff. I'm guessing the aunties take you to the real deal.

If you stick with steamed stuff, it's not that bad. And, it's just one meal. You can balance it out with the rest of your day.

http://www.cfs.gov.hk/english/nutrient/search1.shtml

:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    One of my fav things is steamed veggie dumplings and that is usually a dim sum thing. Also, the soups like hot and sour and egg drop are better (though loaded with sodium so drink TONS of water!)