Need advice

NYCDutchess
NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
My situation is that I need to loose about 10 lbs, and need to get rid of my spare tire more than anything!!!
I have 49 days till, my vacation!! I really want to have it tight by then.

I am getting back on track with my diet starting today and getting to the gym at least 5 days a week.

I'm doing low carb and trying to keep within my calories.

I do yoga, and cardio classes plus push ups, planks and crunches.

Any suggestions would be great!! What work outs should I focus on? Any diet tips?

Replies

• sboothe24
    sboothe24 Posts: 34
    Stay away from sugar. I lost 30lbs from cutting out all sugar last time I was on a diet. But other than that it seems like you know everything you need too. Oh and if you get stuck one week, eat celery b/c it boosts your metabolism. Good luck :)
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
    Hi -- I am finding it helpful to really watch my sodium intake.. I tend to hold water anyway, but if you start to really read the sodium content on foods (especially pre-packaged stuff) you will probably be surprised how much salt is in EVERYTHING!! Good luck to you - keep us posted..
  • NYCDutchess
    Stay away from sugar. I lost 30lbs from cutting out all sugar last time I was on a diet. But other than that it seems like you know everything you need too. Oh and if you get stuck one week, eat celery b/c it boosts your metabolism. Good luck :)
    Celery boosts metabolism? That is a great tip!! I'm going to get some for snacking...
    Thx.
  • NYCDutchess
    Hi -- I am finding it helpful to really watch my sodium intake.. I tend to hold water anyway, but if you start to really read the sodium content on foods (especially pre-packaged stuff) you will probably be surprised how much salt is in EVERYTHING!! Good luck to you - keep us posted..
    Good point. I'm always over my sodium intake. I don't do much pre-packaged food, but I add adobo to everything I eat...I'm going to at least cut back on it. I wish I could just eat "clean" but uugh that I cannot do. I've tried. Thanks for the tip!
  • NYCDutchess
    Please keep tips coming...workout tips too... I really appreciate them and sometimes the smallest tip could make the biggest difference!!! Because somethings just aren't as obvious as others!!

Loving this site!! Thanks much.
This discussion has been closed.