need low cal recipe sights to spice up the menu!

Options
Iam getting so bored with the same foods need some recipes and different foods. So i will not get so bored with diet that i end up cheating. ANY IDEAS!?

Replies

• hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What is considered low calorie for you?
  • FitGuyWillDoIt
    FitGuyWillDoIt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Iam getting so bored with the same foods need some recipes and different foods. So i will not get so bored with diet that i end up cheating. ANY IDEAS!?
    Try adding new sauces and / or seasonings to what you make. There are even seasoning mixtures such as lemon pepper which can add zing to food.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    cookinglight.com
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    This is my dinner menu for the week:

Monday: Spicy and smokey turkey bean chili
    Tuesday: Crockpot Sausage and spinach tortelini (this is going to be the worse for calories, though I have plenty to eat)
    Wednesday: Mexican pizzas (tortilla topped with taco meat, picante sauce, sprinkle of cheese and green onions...may add beans)
    Thursday: Whiskey Marinade steak with bacon wrapped green beans
    Friday: Eggplant, Chicken breast and marinara topped with parmesean and baked in casserole dish.

We have a veggie steamer so I load up on 99¢ bags of frozen veggies and we pretty much have one nightly.
  • donahm01
    donahm01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do the same with the veggies, steamed. OMG! That menu is incredible sounds great. hard to believe you can eat that and still lose. I can tell you never get bored with your food choices.
  • donahm01
    Options
    thanks! :smile:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I do the same with the veggies, steamed. OMG! That menu is incredible sounds great. hard to believe you can eat that and still lose. I can tell you never get bored with your food choices.
    I eat between 1900-2100 calories a day. You don't have to eat like a bird to lose! Still with a good meat source and a side of steamed veggies, those aren't bad meals.
  • Ash_Diya
    Options
    try skinnytaste.com , they have good recipes
  • donahm01
    Options
    they have me at 1890 cals a day
  • donahm01
    Options
    thanks for the sight!
  • Justamom410
    Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My fall back is crock pot chicken...I make a lot and have leftovers to freeze

6 chicken breasts
    1 large jar of salsa
    cook in crock pot 6 hours

Serve with Jasmine rice. Yummy!

Oh...and this was a Weight Watchers recipe from years back.