30 Day Shred - do you notice a difference?

So I completed Day 20 of 30 Day Shred today...I have photos from Day 1 and Day 20 and am wondering if you notice a difference in me. I'm trying to tone up. I notice a slight difference but always have trouble telling myself as I never think I have changed (hence why I'm taking pictures so I can see it!) I'm sweating a lot and working really hard so hoping to keep at it (even after day 30) and keep toning up. What do you think? How long did it take you to notice a difference?

Here's Day 1:
Day1front_zps9a1e38ae.jpg

Here's Day 20:
Day20front_zps82fe995c.jpg

Replies

• i would suggest creating a side-by-side comparison photo so you can spot the differences easier, but just by looking at the two photos you provided (scrolling back & forth), i can see the most improvement in your face, arms & between your thighs. ; )

i posted some of this in another forum, but i thought i'd share it with you, too! since starting the 30 day shred on the 13th, i've lost 1.5 inches from my upper waist, 1 inch from my lower waist, half an inch from my thighs & a whopping 4.5 inches from my hips! when i woke up this morning, i could feel that my body was smaller & tighter - almost as if it happened overnight. the shred is definitely helping me shed! ; D

when i first started, i had trouble with the modified push-up's (i could barely get back up after doing one or two of them) & i had to break during each jumping jack/jump rope sequence because i was huffing & puffing so badly & my legs burned so much, i just couldn't keep up! & the bicycle crunches? no way, i just couldn't do them for more than a couple of seconds. i also used 5 pound weights the first day & was so sore, i made the 14th a rest day. on the 15th & the 16th, i didn't use weights at all (i was actually able to do all the moves & keep up with them) & since the 17th, i've used weights for the chest flies, dumbbell rows & some of the squat moves. since i have 5 more days at level 1, i've decided i'm going to use my weights for all the moves that require them until i move on to level 2.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Whaaaaaa, I totally see a difference! In your face, in your tummy area especially. Keep up the great work!

It's so funny that this was posted - not anything on your end but just that I asked the same question today amongst my MFP friends.. I have also been doing the 30DS, hauling butt at the gym and haven't seen a difference. Thing is, we see our bodies everyday so we don't notice the changes.

I recommend doing photos beside each other, similar to my profile photo so that you can see the difference more. My hubby noticed the difference within a week.. you can see the difference 50 days of commitment makes.

Hang in there, you are doing so well!