New and On an Life Changing Mission

Options
Hi my name is Patricia and I'm on a mission to change not just my eating habits but also my family's eating habits and the way we think about food. I'm a traditional Southern girl who was taught that everything (and honey I do mean anything) can be deep fried and covered in either gravy or powdered sugar and grew up with grandmothers who believed that anything from a scrapped knee to a broken marriage could be cured with food. My husband grew up the same way. So now at 29 (I'll be 30 in less than 3 months) I've gotten to watch my mother have a heart attack, my father die from diabetes and stroke related consequences, my father in law have a quad bipass and with 2 kids (7 and 10 months) I'm at 185 lbs with high blood pressure. We need to change our lifestyles and we need to change it NOW. So any ideas, helpful hints or just general kicks in the butt would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you have come to the right place. Search the posting and you will find the help you need, there are tons of recipes to help you.

Good Luck
  • joymomof7
    joymomof7 Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site, with many motivational people! :smile:
  • skuchenberg
    Options
    Good luck! I wish you all the best...I'm starting out too!
  • DawnCaprice
    DawnCaprice Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Patricia, I just joined this site. My Grammy (who passed away in 1990) used to cook the way you described. She used bacon grease for everything. lol!! It tasted great, but it helped put her in an early grave.

I like you are looking for some motivation and any tips I can get.

Good luck to you!!!

Dawn