ZUMBA

Options
Anyone out there do Zumba and see results? I was thinking about buying those DVDs, but wanted everyones input first? Thank you!

Replies

• LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm not a DVD type of person, but I can TOTALLY vouch for the classes!!! I go to one on Thursday evenings and I LOVE it!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fun...great cardio if you get really into it!!! and the kids can dance too, so you don't have to entertain them otherwise.

Good luck!!
  • leslie626
    leslie626 Posts: 12
    Options
    I started doing the DVDs and loved it so much that I am now taking classes. I definitely have noticed a difference since I have started in toning!! :happy:
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I bought the cd a month a go and love it!! I can see a difference already...I am starting to show a waist again. My 4 yr old granddaughter loves doing some of it with me too....keeps her busy and we are doing something together at the same time :)

Good Luck!!
  • JenS2009
    JenS2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I completely give Zumba credit for the last 10 pounds lost. It is a great way to burn calories and it is really fun! Now if I could just figure out how to log in Zumba to my exercises! What dvds have you guys been using? I wouldnt mind getting a good dvd for the days I cant go to the studio!
  • lisanxd
    lisanxd Posts: 93
    Options
    I take Zumba classes two nights a week at my gym (would take more if they offered more!) and burn up to 700 calories in an hour depending on the routines and how much effort I put in. It is fun and doesn't even feel like boring exercise. I have lost quite a bit of weight since starting Zumba in October... good luck!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I bought the Zumba exercise on CD, I can do it on my time instead of trying to make it to class. The first time I put the CD in I couldn't even make it through the demo...now I am doing the 20 min workout 2-3 times a week...I am trying to build myself up to do it longer.
  • SydKaty
    SydKaty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I took a Zumba class today for the first time and it was great. Although I lack coordination, I think if I were to keep it up, I'd definitely see results. The only issue I'm facing is my knee is killing me. Not sure if its from the Zumba, lack of stretching or age.
  • coold
    coold Posts: 85
    Options
    i've been going to zumba classes for over a month now. I just joined this forum yesterday and have never tracked my calories.....so i was not seeing weight loss results but definitely toning.

which dvd did you buy??? i'm very interested in getting one for days when i can't go to the gym.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba class 3x a week for three months now--I can see better definition around my waist area, particularly the side/oblique muscle area (it helps that the eating plan has pared off some fat in that area, too, I guess!)
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just started a class last week. Tonight was the first night I wore my new heart rate monitor. I burned 641 calories! I am SURE I will see results with a calorie burn like that!
  • ibongis
    ibongis Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been doing the Zumba Rapido which is an intense 40 minute video 3 times a week and I have lost 5 pounds n 4 weeks.It doesnt seem like much but it is fun and I see the difference in my body..I think its awesome!
  • jenstrausbaugh
    Options
    I am actually a Zumba Instructor and I did lose weight last year (along with eating right)...I gave up eating right and gained some of it back......but now I am back on track!!!!

You should try to get into a class in your area!!!!