WW vs MFP

Options
I have been a weight watcher off and on throughout the years. I do believe in the program, but where I live now, I just dont like the meetings at all. I dont feel motivated to go. So, I feel like I should just rely on MFP to track, and the guidelines i DID learn in WW. ANyone else have this experience? Or any advice?

Replies

• PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I did WW in 2008ish and lost 67 pounds. I loved the program and really enjoyed my meetings. However, their program was different then and when you hit lifetime, you had to pay for online tracking. I tried to do maintenance on my own, but with the resources I had available to me, I gained quite a bit back. I am now trying to lose that weight again, but this time using MFP. I've lost about 20 lbs since October- so it's working about the same.

One of the hardest things for me is learning that you have to count calories for veggies (when I did WW fruits weren't free).

If you don't like the meetings, I honestly don't see any reason for you to continue paying for WW. Meetings are literally the only reason that I see paying for it. I don't think you get anymore out of their online program and you could get here.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    fee vs. free.

I don't see how it's even a question, but that's just my opinion.
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I did WW in 2008ish and lost 67 pounds. I loved the program and really enjoyed my meetings. However, their program was different then and when you hit lifetime, you had to pay for online tracking. I tried to do maintenance on my own, but with the resources I had available to me, I gained quite a bit back. I am now trying to lose that weight again, but this time using MFP. I've lost about 20 lbs since October- so it's working about the same.

One of the hardest things for me is learning that you have to count calories for veggies (when I did WW fruits weren't free).

If you don't like the meetings, I honestly don't see any reason for you to continue paying for WW. Meetings are literally the only reason that I see paying for it. I don't think you get anymore out of their online program and you could get here.

I'm with Penn. I did the same, lost about 40 pounds, but gained it all back plus when I was no longer able to afford the cost. I have lost roughly 30 pounds since my last doctor's visit April 2012 *BUT* that is because I've gotten my *kitten* in gear and been faithfully logging for 65 days and making full use out of my FitBit.