Any idea calories in chinese steamed shrimp and broccoli?

This is my first week on plan, and I tend to eat chinese food alot. I'm going to get a pint of steamed shrimp and broccoli, no sauce. Any idea how many calories that would be? On this site it says only 160, but i've seen it listed as much as 300 elsewhere.

Replies

• It all depends on porition size, like tonight I am having a sweet chilli king prawn linguine, I have weighed out my ingredients and individually work out how many cals are in each ingredient then I create my own food - just list my name against it and put in the total calories. For this my cals come as higher than the ready made one but There is a lot more healthy fillings in it that should leave me feeling fuller for longer.
  • 160 is about right; 300 probably includes rice.

Medium shrimp is 6 calories each and my place includes 10 with the steamed dish (which is a quart). The vegetables are 30 calories per cup so the full dish is 150. The side sauce is only 50 calories per ounce and well worth it.

Also look at the soups. One cup of hot and sour is only 100 calories and really fills you up. Egg drop and wonton are also in this range.