What are you burning through?

are there any foods you realize you go through way faster when you are actively watching what you eat? I feel like somethings are just flying out of here! namely: eggs, cheesestrings, protein pudding and salad dressing! (this all came to me last night when I was making my lunch and the bottle of salad dressing I bought a month ago is almost empty!)

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    are there any foods you realize you go through way faster when you are actively watching what you eat? I feel like somethings are just flying out of here! namely: eggs, cheesestrings, protein pudding and salad dressing! (this all came to me last night when I was making my lunch and the bottle of salad dressing I bought a month ago is almost empty!)

String Cheese, Beef Jerky, Turkey Pepperoni, Cottage Cheese, Calorie Free Salad Dressing.
  • RT342
    RT342 Posts: 9 Member
    Avocados, hummus, cherry tomatoes, and canned beets.
  • xlipservicex
    xlipservicex Posts: 54 Member
    Oh turkey pepperoni is another one!! I can't keep it in the house! (my husband also steals my turkey pepperoni....)
  • YES! Ensure, fresh veggies of all types, and skim milk that I mix with whey protein.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Cottage cheese, eggs, yogurt, and fresh produce. The funny thing is, I don't actually like eggs and cottage cheese... I eat them because they are easy and good for me, cost effective, and my body doesn't like eating that much meat.
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Fage plain yogurt, peanut butter, hummus and carrots....
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    fruits and veggies and eggs and avocados and peanut butter. Also chicken and fish.

i don't like salad dressing. If I want something on it i'll mix greek yogurt with avocado and tomato or salsa with some garlic and onion or use balasmi vinegar. lol
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Eggs, cottage cheese, tuna, yogurt, fruit.

When I'm not eating healthfully, cheese. Hot dang I love cheese.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    sliced turkey breast and chicken breast.

guess i'm a boob guy. ;)
  • xlipservicex
    sliced turkey breast and chicken breast.

guess i'm a boob guy. ;)

love it
  • xlipservicex
    Cottage cheese, eggs, yogurt, and fresh produce. The funny thing is, I don't actually like eggs and cottage cheese... I eat them because they are easy and good for me, cost effective, and my body doesn't like eating that much meat.

I actually LOVE eggs. I have a hard-boiled one as a snack every day and omelets or scrambled a few times a week. I love the versatility of eggs, you could have them every day and not eat the same thing!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    peanut butter
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    We go through two or three pounds of mixed greens and sliced turkey breast and a pound of feta and three heads of cauliflower a week, just for lunch salads. And I don't even have the turkey everyday.

Last week, we had a dozen eggs in two days - breakfast, spaghetti squash pad Thai and crepes (no, autocorrect, not creeps).

It took me just over a month to go through a mega jar of PB. They come in a two pack and we go to Costco every month, so that doesn't seem so bad.
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    egg whites and baby bok choy (not eaten together!)
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    oats, yoghurt, humous, bananas & green tea
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    fat free milk, frozen yogurt, avacados, peanut butter.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    mix greek yogurt with avocado and tomato or use balasmi vinegar. lol

Love this idea...Thanks!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Spinach, onions, egg whites, and almond milk...Also cheese ( I love sharp cheddar.)
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Head lettuce (I eat it in wedges) :tongue: and those little 35 calorie yogurt cups that I have become addicted to.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    Romaine lettuce, cucumber, sun-dried tomato - my salad staples.