Changing daily calorie goals

Options
I see people that change their calorie goals daily. What is the purpose for doing so?

Replies

• MeaghanAnderson
    MeaghanAnderson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    I've only seen calorie goal changes daily if the member has exercised or burned off extra calories with an activity. MFP will automatically adjust your calories for that day.
  • MirjaH79
    Options
    Hi!
    I've changed my calorie goals almost every day for the past week or so. My reason for doing that is because I started too low and studied a bit and then upped my cals - too much and now I'm set somewhere in between. :blushing:
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I've heard cycling caloric intake is better than just eating below a certain amount all the time.
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Personally I have a static daily calorie goal. I dont beat myself up if Im a little over or under. Its only a guide. Remember, you might log every single bit of food, but do you log every single bit of movement?

Anyway, I up it on weight training days as you should refeed the muscle etc.

Then every few weeks as your weight changes your calorific needs change so you can tweak your target.
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I change my periodically depending on how I'm reacting to new workouts etc. I have a set calorie goal in mind, but if I workout then I obviously need to eat at least half of those calories or my body will start to hoard them. The daily calories are just a guide to keep you in check, but if you are under (not under 1200 though) or over some days, no big deal.
  • gilmoregirlsr
    gilmoregirlsr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I change my periodically depending on how I'm reacting to new workouts etc. I have a set calorie goal in mind, but if I workout then I obviously need to eat at least half of those calories or my body will start to hoard them. The daily calories are just a guide to keep you in check, but if you are under (not under 1200 though) or over some days, no big deal.

I found this interesting "but if I workout then I obviously need to eat at least half of those calories or my body will start to hoard them".

Is that a fact? I've never heard that before. Should I be eating half the cals I burn during workouts?